Which WWIIcountry is in the frontier of the aerospace?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder said:
Okay, now it makes sense. Yes, McCarthy created a panic atmosphere with his House Un-American Committee. Unfortunately, some people were unfairly targeted as a result and forever blackballed.

Forever? Ummm... this lasted a few years, then those targeted were, for the most part, un-blackballed. It is an unfortunate occurance in US history that this ever happened, but lets not make more of it than it was.

=S=

Lunatic

RG_Lunatic said:
evangilder said:
Okay, now it makes sense. Yes, McCarthy created a panic atmosphere with his House Un-American Committee. Unfortunately, some people were unfairly targeted as a result and forever blackballed.

Forever? Ummm... this lasted a few years, then those targeted were, for the most part, un-blackballed. It is an unfortunate occurance in US history that this ever happened, but lets not make more of it than it was.

=S=

Lunatic

Yea, but even though these folks were un-blackballed, they still paid a high price just for being accused as a communist. Its interesting though, one of McCarthy's good buddies was Joe Kennedy - That camp quickly distanced themselves when everyone realize the McCarthy was on a witch hunt. :stoopyd:

RG_Lunatic said:
evangilder said:

=S=

Lunatic

Unfortunatly though, once they were black listed, it is hard to get ready of the stereotypes.

Yes, and once you have been labelled and blackballed from your iindustry, it is very difficult to get back in. You get labelled as a pariah or an outcast either way. Some of the people that were blackballed in Hollywood never worked in the industry again. So yes, some of them were permanently blackballed.

What is this, RG? Trying to hide the bad parts of US history? We can't let anyone else know that America has done wrong. :shock:

I'm not hiding anything at all Plan_D. Yes some people were unfairly "blackballed", mostly from Hollywood, in the mid 1950's. For some, this was the end of their careers, for others it was not. Being the fickle place that Hollywood is there is no telling how long their careers might have lasted anyway.

Lucille Ball's career was certainly ruined! And Sam Jaffe (Dr. Zorba on the "Ben Casey" TV series) never worked another day in Hollywood! Lee Grant (who later won two Oscars) was finished as an actress!

My point is that while it is true that most who were blacklisted did not return to Hollywood, for many it is questionable how long their careers might have lasted. Most of the persecuted were screenwriters, not actors/actresses. Most "Hollywood Ten" certainly never made a comeback under their own names, but at least 3 of them continued to work under pseudonyms almost without a hitch and when the time came that they could have chosen to use their own names they chose not to.

Finally, once again you shoold observe your own house before throwing stones. When it comes to this kind of behavior, our's may be made of balsa-wood and paper but your's is made of glass.

If you'd followed my past comments you'd know your comment is ludcrous. I have pointed to Diego Garcia to identify a point of relatively modern US and British shame. You seem to think I think the USA is perfect, I certainly do not. But when you start making these idiot statements about how the USA should have gotten into WWII earlier and was immoral for not having done so... well i draw the line there...

Anyway, I have a response to your (and others) comments comming... so I'll leave it at that for now....

=S=

Lunatic

I have said the America was immoral for getting into World War II late, when?

Glass is stronger than paper. :lol:

Plan_D,

I'll get straight to the point (no pun intended). Do you now play or have you ever played Gaystation 2?

Gay-AndCommunist.jpg

:lol: :lol:

I'm going to start making them now, I have my parrot in many a pose that would work.

plan_D said:
I have said the America was immoral for getting into World War II late, when?

Glass is stronger than paper. :lol:

It was either you or Lanc or one of the Brits on this forum. I made my original statement in reply to that comment which kicked this whole thing off...

A whole glass house can come crashing down from one stone. A wood and paper house can be damaged but is not likely to go entirely to peices.

My point was that both the USA and GB have ugly episodes in their pasts, however... if you want to get picky, Britain has far worse (they also have more history of being a major power). The French on the otherhand make us both look pure as the driven snow! :D

I will certainly stand by the US record under its reign as superpower over that of Britain during its reign as superpower any day!

[quote="RG_Lunatic]It was either you or Lanc or one of the Brits on this forum. I made my original statement in reply to that comment which kicked this whole thing off...
[/quote]

Don't you really think you should determine who you are making a point with, rather than to put all "the Brits" in one basket?

Once again, this is a forum for discussion of WWII aviation, not country bashing. You said that one should speak out against intolerance, well I am speaking now.

Alright, I'll stop...as long as I can carry on bashing Canada. :lol:

Only kiddin' NS.

Throught careful study... :study: and typing on that, there, internet... :computer: ...it has come to my conclusion Flyboy, that I should do this... :thebirdman:

:lol: :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back