Who started WW2?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Both are true but as DerAdlerIstGelandet says, most of the countries that the Germans occupied in WWII weren't German. So I'd say German started the war, but there were several reasons for Germany to start the war.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like war

As I said before it comes down to this. Germany started the war but there were many factors as discussed by many of us as to what could have helped lead to the war.

There is no way to church it up or give the blame to anyone else.

Well like I said I think it was just a way to pay back the French and UK for trying to destroy the Germans after WW1 and trying to blame them for everything, but the Jew factor and the things they did to civilians was wrong. The war was just a repeat of History. Like Adler said, Danzig, the Tzar region and part of the Czech were rightfully German territory, but the war with Russia and taking over most of the EU was just Hitler trying to take over the world and his love of other peoples territory.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
As I said before it comes down to this. Germany started the war but there were many factors as discussed by many of us as to what could have helped lead to the war.

There is no way to church it up or give the blame to anyone else.

Ok lets make the cause simple without pointing any fingers, the actuall main causes both wars were,Militarism, Nationalism, Imperialism and International lawlessness.

WW II wouldn't have occured without Hitler and Hitler wouldn't have been able to rise to power without the Treaty of Versailles, which is why most historians consider WW I and WW II seperate episodes of the same conflict. Hitler only rose to power because of the conditions purposely created to leave Germany in a weakened state. No one forsaw the Great Depression and the social upheaval it would cause. There were a lot of links in the chain leading to WW II and only some were the direct responsibity of the German people. It doesn't excuse the actions taken by many people in the name of a Greater Germany though.

What I meant was that when Hitler annexed Austria he was taking back what he believed to be Germanys. I suppose he got greedy, and decided to keep going, and make his thousand year Reich a reality. His persecution of the Jews and Gypsies etc was his personal vendetta against those who he thought were subhuman. He wanted a superior Aryan race, and the victims of the Holocaust didnt fit that view Hitler had.

102first_hussars said:
Ok lets make the cause simple without pointing any fingers, the actuall main causes both wars were,Militarism, Nationalism, Imperialism and International lawlessness.

From 1920 untill 1939, the US was isolationist, not willing to involve itself in hardly any conflict in the world outside of the America's. In addition, throughout this period, the US Military was starved for funds, personell and eqmt for its Army and Army Air Corps. Even the Navy, was underfunded and shipbuilding was kept at a minimal level.

The US had nothing to do with the underlying causes of WW2. It was solely political choices made by the UK, France and Germany (and maybe even Russia).

syscom3 said:
From 1920 untill 1939, the US was isolationist, not willing to involve itself in hardly any conflict in the world outside of the America's. In addition, throughout this period, the US Military was starved for funds, personell and eqmt for its Army and Army Air Corps. Even the Navy, was underfunded and shipbuilding was kept at a minimal level.

The US had nothing to do with the underlying causes of WW2. It was solely political choices made by the UK, France and Germany (and maybe even Russia).

Ok I must have missed where I pointed the fingers at the states, no wait I did no such thing at all! you just totally misread my post derrrrr!

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
Hitler envisioned his thousand year Reich long before he annexed Austria.

I had thought that was rather obvious, and i didnt need to add that in. Perhaps i was mistaken.

;) sign usually means one was just joking DF, thats a thing you gonna have to remeber there buddy, everyone elese knows that, and it is a well known fact that after the first or second page of a thread, it usually goes off topic, last I can remember one topic shifted fromm WW2 aircraft to which was the most superior Star Wars fighter, further more I think this topic of who started world war 2 has been exhausted either way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back