Why are my breaks stuck? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

SCook

Airman
Aug 1, 2009
Defiance, Ohio
46, no mods:

I was flying the YF-80 single mission the other day and I couldn't get it above 90kph on take-off. I reflew the take-off a few times and it seemed to have cleared up. But now I can't get any taildragger off the ground or back on for that matter because the breaks are stuck on.

Ive tried changing the batteries in my wireless keyboard thinking the "B" key was stuck "on". No luck.

My XXXXXX rudder pedals have the breaks set to Y-Axis ID2 (rudder peddals set to Z-Axis Rotation ID2).

I'd like to unnasign both the key "B" and the breaks on the rudder peddals but can't figure how to do that and just leave a blank space in the control section.

The thing has worked perfectly the last month or so and just started out of the blue.

Last edited:
Might you possibly have inadvertently unassigned it already?

Nope...first thing I checked. At this point, after unplugging the rudder peddals and rebooting I can now get back into the air sans HOTAS rudder.
But considering my spelling in the OP I don't blame you for asking.

Last edited:
Your breaks aren't stuck. I'll bet your brakes are, though!! Sorry! Couldn't resist that!

Thank you heartless bastards:)

It turned out to be a hardware problem...the rudder pedals. Their customer support was so cool I've edited out the mfg's name in the original post. If the moderator wants to reinstate... It's his option.

Never admit a mistake!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back