Why does the Breda 88 get shit on so much

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

According to a Drachinifel YouTube episode some work was being done. Not the one actually about U.S.S. Texas though. Probably one of his "Drydock" or "Rum Ration" episodes. I can't remember which one.

I'll check out his Texas vid and see if the comments have any info.

I visited Constitution in Apr 2000, it's amazing.

USS Texas, berthed outside of Houston, is in great disrepair and unless a lot of funding is gathered it too may hit the breaker's yard, or become an artificial reef.

Visiting that ship was eye-opening. The gallery for the casemate 5" guns is fairly open, meaning the crews are all getting the din of multiple guns firing, and in the even of a hit there, terribly vulnerable to explosion and shrapnel. I could scarcely imagine the horror of doing naval combat in such a space. And those 14" gun turrets are much smaller inside than they appear on the outside.

Here's my son leaning up against a 5" mount in that gallery, from that visit:
Texas seems to have alot of warship displays - down at Seawolf Park in Galveston, is the USS Cavalla (SS-209) which was the last boat my Uncle Fred served aboard during WWII.

Texas seems to have alot of warship displays - down at Seawolf Park in Galveston, is the USS Cavalla (SS-209) which was the last boat my Uncle Fred served aboard during WWII.

I didn't even know about that one, it'll go on the calendar sometime this summer.

My son and I also visited USS Lexington in Corpus, which in addition to a cool tour including the flag admiral's quarters also features a number of Navy planes on static display.

My son never took up my interest in guitarin', but he most certainly loves visiting military and naval museums -- and you're right, we have a wealth of them down here. We hit the Pacific War Museum in Fredburg a couple of years ago, too. We're both donors to the latter.

Also, living in Port Hueneme for some years, we always hit Navy Day/ July 4th tours down there and have toured USS New Orleans (LPD-18) as well as a couple of Burke-class destroyers, and the Seabee museum on base.

Last edited:
Also, regarding Texas, poster "Texas Wrath" on Drach's program on it reported in Jan this year:

Just to let you know if you ever read this USS Texas is now under major overhaul and they aren't allowing anyone to visit it until they're finished. They changed the people who run it to the Battleship Texas Foundation

He doesn't link a source so I cannot speak to his accuracy. His reply is third from top.

Also, living in Port Hueneme for some years, we always hit Navy Day/ July 4th tours down there and have toured USS New Orleans (LPD-18) as well as a couple of Burke-class destroyers, and the Seabee museum on base.
What a coincidence - during the latter part of my Uncle Fred's naval career, he moved to Port Hueneme and remained after his retirement.

What a coincidence - during the latter part of my Uncle Fred's naval career, he moved to Port Hueneme and remained after his retirement.

You'd mentioned this before, I believe. Didn't you also chime in on airshows at Mugu?

It doesn't surprise me much, I reckon this forum draws a lot of folk who grew up in and around aviation.

I lived in Hueneme one year as a teenager because stepdad was navigator on the Snortin' Norton, before he PCSed to NAS Memphis. I moved back as an adult because I liked the place.

I believe we have another member who caught the airshow at Point Magu.

I don't recall seeing that one (I may have as a youngster and don't remember), but growing up in Orange County (SoCal), I went to the airshows at MCAS El Toro.

Plus the area where I lived had considerable USN, USMC, USAF, CANG and Coast Guard traffic - every day was an airshow! :D

I believe we have another member who caught the airshow at Point Magu.

I don't recall seeing that one (I may have as a youngster and don't remember), but growing up in Orange County (SoCal), I went to the airshows at MCAS El Toro.

Plus the area where I lived had considerable USN, USMC, USAF, CANG and Coast Guard traffic - every day was an airshow! :D

I might be misunderrememberin' as well, sure :D Beer can do that to a guy.

Everything I read talks about how garbage the Breda 88 was from commando supermo to Wikipedia. The war thunder wiki gets in the fun even saying the sm79 would be a better attacker. But when I used it in-game (I don't play arcade I play simulator or realistic) it's not terrible and I have a lot of fun with it. It was such a beautiful plane and it could fly and I think it was adequate
I need an explanation for why it was ssooo bad because as you can see I think it was cool.

These Games are not based on Facts, It totally depends on player's play style. Search YouTube for a complete list of their errors. There are hundreds of these errors shown in Games, Movies, and even Books!!!

For Example, About FlaK 88, and so many other things, I recommend you to watch "Military History Visualized" Channel. Then you will understand how inaccurate and costly it was!!!

These Games are not based on Facts, It totally depends on player's play style. Search YouTube for a complete list of their errors. There are hundreds of these errors shown in Games, Movies, and even Books!!!

For Example, About FlaK 88, and so many other things, I recommend you to watch "Military History Visualized" Channel. Then you will understand how inaccurate and costly it was!!!
ok thanks for telling me a couple of days later but anything helps

ok thanks for telling me a couple of days later but anything helps
You Want Help?

Try to find Original Italian Texts and Info about this Plane, then compare it with other examples of same type and era. I assume you have some Experiences with Italian language, so it won't be hard to understand what it says, if you find any, of cource.

So many Channels and sites say negative about Pz 35 (t) and Pz 38 (t), but I found them better than Pz II's and Early Pz III's. Reason: 1- Cheaper, 2- Lesser time to train Crews, 3- Better Armament and Armor, 4- Easier to maintenance, 5- Better field of View for Commander. but It lacks in Mobility and Distance.

You Want Help?

Try to find Original Italian Texts and Info about this Plane, then compare it with other examples of same type and era. I assume you have some Experiences with Italian language, so it won't be hard to understand what it says, if you find any, of cource.

So many Channels and sites say negative about Pz 35 (t) and Pz 38 (t), but I found them better than Pz II's and Early Pz III's. Reason: 1- Cheaper, 2- Lesser time to train Crews, 3- Better Armament and Armor, 4- Easier to maintenance, 5- Better field of View for Commander. but It lacks in Mobility and Distance.
maybe better than panzer 2 but not the panzer 3 but big may be
38 t was too small and had a 2 man turret but was better in the earlier early ages all around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back