Why I don´t approve the Brazilian FIFA World CUP 2014

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucke.stz

Senior Airman
Apr 21, 2008
Brazil
www.spruemaster.com
I´m a Brazilian and I have pround to live here, but I can aprove this World Championship happens here.

We do not need more Soccer Stdiums, we need schools, we need hospitals, every day only in Rio de Janeiro more than 100 people dies on the hospitals waiting care, we don´t have any kind of infra structure on airports, in Sao Paulo, you must to wait more than 1hour to have your bag out of the plane...

The president is promissing that will pay millions to construct new stadiums and give some infra structure to this Championship happens, but I think we really need this ?? This money would be used to a lot of things to people !!!

The FIFA shows your conditions, and they want all that is related to this championship FREE OF TAX !!, in other words, we invest, we pay, and all the profit is to the FIFA !!!

Here you can see a a woman having a birth in hospital row, this is a lot of commum here, why ? because we don´t have hospitals....and they deal with building staddiums ??

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj45BWjVjOc

Sorry to talk it here, but the true about Brazil is not showed on International Media...

I can´t aprove this, sorry.

As much as I love football (soccer) I say that on this topic I am 10000 per cent on your side.

Over 2000 years ago the Romans said 'panem et circenses' (bread and the gladiator show) to rule and keep people quiet, today's powers even disregard the bread and pretend to rule only with circenses.
And looking at history this attitude is a sure recipe for disaster.
Does not happens only in Brazil, even nations that today seems 'rich' may have a harsh wake up call in the next months.

This is not out of the ordinary, Lucke. I can tell you that may people in the US dread the idea of the Olympics, let alone World Cup, come to their large city. Usually the City/County government spends an inordinate amount of money, the venue arrives and guests leave, and the city/county is left with HUGE debt that takes tens of years to recover. Sure you get notoriety in the international press, but many of us do not welcome such huge endeavors. We usually have our taxes raised to pay for it, are inconvencienced as we must continue to work around the traffic congestion and security arrangements and cannot afford to attend the weeks long activities. I will stand up say that if Seattle WA never hosts world cup or the olympics I won't shed a tear.

Fooking vuvazelas almost ruined football (soccer) for me. And I literally have tens of thousands of dollars invested in soccer with my two boys. Johanasberg was a real tough one for me. But I digress...

I can certainly understand your wishes to not have it in your country, and in this case I agree with you.

I also do not agree with Russia and Qatar getting the World Cup either. Especially Qatar. They are going to have to build a bunch of stadiums in their small country, use them once, and then sell them off to Africa or some ****. I don't know...

yes guys, and know some news about it.

All work of stadiuns construction are delayed, a lot of investiment was made by obscure way, there are a lot of corruption on Brazilian Politics, I think that this World Cup, would be a shame to country.

The president (Mr Lula da Silva) made a lot of wrong things in Brazil, his goverment was tha most corrpution on Brazilian history until now.

This things don´t appear in International Media. Brazil is not only beautiful people and nature, we have big seriuos problens, that are occult from the others...

Thanks for the understand guys :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back