Windows 10 photo importing - advice needed !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've re-started, and logged off and logged back on, a number of times in the last 12 to 18 hours, but still no change.

I undrestood. I would try to restore the OS to the date it was working fine. But if your friend there is going to come it is better to wait. Undoubtedly there is something wrong with the OS .

Yep, certainly sounds like there's a problem somewhere, and he has to come round anyway, to install an extra graphics card for the VGA hook-up for a projector.
Hopefully, he can sort things, and maybe show me how to up=load pics easily !

Yep, I hope I can get it sorted.
Didn't want to change from Win 7 to Win 10, but apart from my 'old' system starting to wear out (HD was on the way out), the recent withdrawal of Win 7 support sparked some security issues with my bank, who advised an up-date asap. That, and space saving with the much smaller PC made me decide to reluctantly change.

Yep, I hope I can get it sorted.
Didn't want to change from Win 7 to Win 10, but apart from my 'old' system starting to wear out (HD was on the way out), the recent withdrawal of Win 7 support sparked some security issues with my bank, who advised an up-date asap. That, and space saving with the much smaller PC made me decide to reluctantly change.
I changed to Win 10 and find it better than 7. I've only got 7 on one PC now, and that's because I use windows media centre to run TV and movies through.

Oh, I'm sure that once I get any glitches sorted, and get used to it, all will be fine. It just irritates and annoys me that some functions, so simple in previous issues of the Windows system, have been changed so drastically, with multiple 'commands' required, where before most were a 'one click' operation.
When I first started using this, a week ago, it took me some time to even find out how to log off from the system !

Terry, if you've done this already I apologize and if you don't have an SD Card slot I really apologize. When I insert the card a file explorer folder opens up and shows the card and the folder the photo is in

terry.png

Click once to get folder info

terry1.png

Click again to open

terry2.png

adjust the size of the thumbnail with the View button

terry3.png

Right click to go to the photo editor of choice

terry4.png

To erase every thing off the card after you've saved your photos, right click on the DCIM folder and click Delete

terry5.png

One thing I like about 10 is you can get quick access to your folders with the Quick Pin option. Click on the File Explorer icon at the bottom and up pops this folder

terry6.png

To place folders here go to your Desktop and right click on a folder you want to pin to Quick Access and click the Pin to Quick Access option

terry7.png

Nope, I upload directly from my cameras, no card reader slot.
Been trying to upload pics for a new thread, and the PC has frozen or crashed, or at least totally locked out, four time part way though the uploads. had to re-start each time.
Don't know if this is the PC, or the forum, as everything else seems to be working OK.

Just had to re-start twice more, as everything froze when uploading pics again.
I presume it's my PC, although having tried other web sites, all was fine.
Back some time tomorrow, once I've glued my hair back on !!!!

EDIT:- Just done a test uploading pics to a 'Word' document, and the same thing happened - the PC 'froze' after uploading a couple of pics, with the uploads themselves slow and uncertain.
Looks like the problem is related to anything to do with pics and possibly documents - just hope I can get this sorted by my tame computer chap asap !

Last edited:
Just a thought here Terry. Is it a reconditioned PC? I remember now that when Windows 10 first came out Microsoft made an offer to Window 7 users that allowed them to install Window 10 for free. It took me about 3 hours to install and when I went to upload photos nothing would happen. I tried for about an hour but to no avail and I started to freak. A quick look around the internet showed that I could get rid of 10 and go back to 7. This took all of 10 minutes to get rid of Windows 10. I then uploaded my photos without a problem

That might be interesting George, but I need to consult my supplier first, the guy who's supplied all of my PC's and programmes etc over the years.
He's a professional, with his own computer and software company, so not a 'back street cowboy' operation.
The new PC is a Hewlett Packard less than a year old, fully checked, serviced, and upgraded where needed, and the Win 10 package is a legit item, not a 'freebie'.
I noticed that things started going downhill straight after an automatic update a day or two ago - sound familiar ??!!

Haven't had a problem with updates.......yet. Just had another yesterday. My problem is with my server. Since December I am unable to upload files to the forum. I also lose internet several times a day, most of the town is having this problem. We are worse than most third world countries

Thanks Andy.
I still have Win 7 on my laptop, and would have stayed with it on my home PC, had it not been for it getting near life's end, and a warning from my bank regarding security with Win 7.
My friend is due here soon, and he thinks he knows what the problem is - his first reaction was 'auto upgrade, along with mention of other computereese jargon - and he can fix hings here on site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back