Windows 10 photo importing - advice needed !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

More or less sorted, and can now upload pics to my PC, although there are still a couple of 'tweaks' needed, after my friend checks a couple of things when he's back in his office.
Still don't like the system though, as the folder has to be named, absolutely accurately, in order to get the pics where I want them, but at least I'm most of the way to being sorted.
Just have to see what happens when I try uploading multiple pics to the forum.

Ignore this post - just testing picture upload, as there was still a problem when trying to do it in the Recent Purchases thread.
Seemed to work OK this time, with the pics uploaded.

DSCF3755 (1).JPG
DSCF3789.JPG

I don't know ............. got some colour pics of some models I'm building though ..........................

I'm using Chrome.
Looks like the problem is not completely solved - I can now load pics to my PC folders from the cameras, but I've had a couple of issues with 'Not Responding, or just refusing to connect at all..
Also, uploading to the forum, or, for example to a e-mail, works intermittently - I may get one pic, or six attached, and then it may 'freeze', meaning I have to re-start the computer to be able to do anything else.
My supplier /computer friend has identified this as probably being due to a background programme, associated with system updates, which needs to be adjusted or postponed, as it is 'hogging' the memory, and he's working on this, and will hopefully get it sorted tomorrow - he ran out of time this evening..
So much for progress and bl**dy Win !0 !!!

OK. Let's wait what he can say. However I would check the device manager if there aren't any troubles with the hardware. Especially I would pay the attention to the net connection eg... the WiFi card etc... It is possible the driver can be incorrect or just not updated properly.

OK, I'll mention that, although he's probbly aware of it. Everything else seems to be working fine, and no problem with 'net connection .

Is the camera a Fuji? We have had problems with one when we were running win 7.
I'd try uninstalling it and then reinstalling. If it's trying to use old drivers that may be causing the problems.

Terry, have you tried running a test on a site called www.fast.com This shows your internet speed. Since December I have been unable to upload files here and for the last two days it was a struggle to upload on photo. I ran a test on the site and it was in constant search mode with "0" speed. Last night I changed my wi-fi boosters around and now I have speed again. I tested uploading a 25MB folder to the site and had no problems. The wi-fi in this town sucks to begin with for most people, worse than a third world country

1582110640495.png

Thanks chaps - my computer supplier is due here any minute, so I'll show him these responses.
Meanwhile, I've contacted the 'net service provider (EE) to confirm that the dongle device is compatibkle with Win 10, and they confirmed it was, and that the problem is possibly a background programme, as already mentioned.

It appears that problem up-loading to the forum (and to e-mails) is being caused by Chrome 'hanging up'.
All areas of my PC have been checked, and everything is working as it should, where it should.
I'm now temporarily running on MS 'Edge', and no problems up-loading so far. I can download pics from my camera(s) to the PC, although the method is different to what I've been used to with all my previous Windows systems.

So, is anyone aware about problems with Chrome, particularly its use on this site ?

I gave up Chrome a few years ago. I did a test yesterday using Task Manager and had Chrome and Firefox running. Firefox had 4 tabs open and Chrome was running clean but in the background Chrome had 11 hidden sources running and using more than half the memory of Firefox

I was running Chrome with Win7 on my PC and laptop, since shortly after the withdrawal of support for XP Pro, and apart from a known 'glitch' a few years back, which , from memory, only affected me very slightly, I haven't had any problems to speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back