Wingnut Wings

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

prem895

Staff Sergeant
Oct 7, 2012
Toronto/Beijing
I recently purchased 3 kits from them DH9a Ninik RE.Harry Tate and the Gotha G.IV. I am only getting back into this addictive hobby after a 35 yr hiatus. I will not attempt to even try to build any of these untill I feel confident in my skills to do the build these wonderful kits deserve. Has anyone out there built one of the WNW kits and if so,can you give us your opinion of the kit, pros and cons,part fit,that kind of thing. From what I have noticed is looks as if nothing was sacrified,from the box art,manual,decals and parts themselves.

I haven't built one, but I've seen a few finished models, and lots of reviews and builds in magazines and on-line. By all accounts, they are superb kits, but very definite for the advanced modeller, and more so one who has experience of biplanes and rigging.

Ain't had the cash for one yet, but I have heard nothing but good stuff about them. They are not "beginner" models, but anyone with skills can build one. My advice; follow the instructions to the letter, as Peter Jackson is an accomplished modeler himself, and created these.
(BTW, very jealous of that "Gotha"!)

The Gotha looks awsome even on the sprews in the box. I think I will start one of these in 5-10yrs hahaha I should have the required flying hours by then

Attachments

• 14NovGotha6.jpg
    14NovGotha6.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 117
This is what I am striving for. With your guy helpfull hints and tips,and by the grace of god, I will reach my goal. But for now it is time to examine my old Revell 1/32 Spit MK1 and study instructions, dry fit,sand, putty(if needed). This is in my ballpark for the time being

Attachments

• Revell%204555%20Spitfire.jpg
    Revell%204555%20Spitfire.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 107
It might be helpful to check out the GB#14 Spitfires, there are some fine examples of how you can dress-up the cockpit and stuff.
Do some experimenting with some of the techniques that Wayne Little and Crimea River show, (and the Members Choice entries!), there's some good stuff there!

Roger that Mr. Meat.God knows I won't be in Wurger's or your league for the foreseable future. But this is what I an striving for

Attachments

• 14NovGotha6.jpg
    14NovGotha6.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    541.7 KB · Views: 70
Wurger is an artist, Wayne is a wizard, Vic, and Crimea, and many others are really great, I'm just an old hack and slash guy that has fun, but thanks!
Who built that Swordfish? It looks great!

Last edited:
The Swordfish was built by my 85 yr old Dad. He is about to start Italeri 1/32 f-86. He should do a start to finish but the old boy is still on dial -up and won't spring for the HS internet. Any time I send him a picture it take forever to upload

from what I've seen and read Wingnuts stuff is top of the line in moulding, detail and presentation, instructions are brilliant.....one day i might even get one myself!:D

and thanks for the compliment Paul....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back