1:32 WingScale Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I heard that they were going to be doing something else.Wow! I just looked Andy under this heading real quick and it's not under Model Kit Reviews?Some excellant attention to detail but @$250 or less is a little steep for me.I am sure it will sell well and the 250 is for X number of units and makes the break even point.I hope they find X.Cheers

I heard that they were going to be doing something else.Wow! I just looked Andy under this heading real quick and it's not under Model Kit Reviews?Some excellant attention to detail but @$250 or less is a little steep for me.I am sure it will sell well and the 250 is for X number of units and makes the break even point.I hope they find X.Cheers

Their pre-order page shows it at $130. The other says it won't exceed $250. If the price at release is $130 I'll be getting one. $250? Probably not.

The B-25 is $130.00 USD I believe the B-17 will nearly double that IMO. I'm trying to get permission to pre-order the B-25...

If one would consider how much time it would take to complete, with scratch building and all, compared to the number of 20 dollar kits one would build in that time, I recon it is a bargain! No?

LOL

Certainly one of those which deserve a lot of detail work, the type of model which would be a centrepiece of a collection, or a museum exhibit. In that respect, the time taken to build, detail and paint it, equates to a lot of 'entertainment' for the modeller, and therefore, when compared to the same amount of hours say, in the pub, or at a football match, and the costs involved in these activities, then it is excellent value for money!

I've been a B-17 nut since I was a kid. I bet I build a half dozen of the old Revell 1/72 Memphis Belle kits, all of which ultimately scummed to flack and enemy fire (BBs and firecrackers), or crash landed in my folks' yard. I've got four B-17 kits in my stash now, the Revell 1/48 Memphis Belle, the Monogram 1/48 B-17G, the Academy 1/72 Memphis Belle and the new Revell 1/72. When I saw the first stuff come out on Wingscale's 1/32 B-17G I knew I had to have it. I have no idea where I'll display the thing, but I have every intention of pre-ordering it as soon as Sprue Bros., or whoever, starts selling pre-orders first. I'll be curious to see what the interior detail is going to look like. At that scale it should be good enough to need little or no after market, at least I hope so. For a life long B-17 fanatic, I just can't resist this one. I'm already working on how to convince SWMBO that I just can't live without it!

I've been a B-17 nut since I was a kid. I bet I build a half dozen of the old Revell 1/72 Memphis Belle kits, all of which ultimately scummed to flack and enemy fire (BBs and firecrackers), or crash landed in my folks' yard. I've got four B-17 kits in my stash now, the Revell 1/48 Memphis Belle, the Monogram 1/48 B-17G, the Academy 1/72 Memphis Belle and the new Revell 1/72. When I saw the first stuff come out on Wingscale's 1/32 B-17G I knew I had to have it. I have no idea where I'll display the thing, but I have every intention of pre-ordering it as soon as Sprue Bros., or whoever, starts selling pre-orders first. I'll be curious to see what the interior detail is going to look like. At that scale it should be good enough to need little or no after market, at least I hope so. For a life long B-17 fanatic, I just can't resist this one. I'm already working on how to convince SWMBO that I just can't live without it!

best of luck with SWMBO....Birthday and Fathers day are good places to start, they do work in your favour.....sometimes!

The B25 kits are going ahead, from a different manufacturer Roman, but I haven't yet heard anything about the future of the B17 kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back