Wooden Two Blade Props

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fuzz

Recruit
Aug 19, 2005
Does anybody have such that you treasure as a wall hanger? A picture and a little about its background would be good.

My grandfather just has the hub of an old wooden two bladed prop, that he made into a clock. I think the blades themselves were damaged, and that's why he chopped them. Seems to me it had to do with a landing mishap back when he was in pilot training. #-o

I should ask my dad about it. I don't have a picture of it.

Flyboy, let that prop talk about it's history. After all, metal is only shiney wood. Ha

Fuzz said:
Flyboy, let that prop talk about it's history. After all, metal is only shiney wood. Ha

I have it in my den. It came from a Cessna 172 that I tried to land in heavy winds, about 2 weeks after I got my pilot's license. I bounced the plane about 4 times before getting it under control. I keep it as a reminder NOT TO BE STUPID! :rolleyes:

GT
There is one on e bay now. Looks too good to modify and with three days to go this could be as the monkey said while peeing into the cash register. "This could run into money"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back