World War II Weekend Reading PA 1-3 June 07

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jbenton11

Recruit
Apr 21, 2007
The Mid Atlantic Air Museum's Annual World War II Weekend event features all things exclusively WWII Vintage. 70 plus aircraft, over a thousand re-enactors in period uniform, military vehicles and cars of the era, a big band hangar dance on Saturday night, dozens of well known WWII veterans there to tell their stories, and celebrities, like R. Lee Ermey of Mail Call. This event will give you the real feeling that "you were there". http://www.maam.org

im looking forward to going this weekend and visiting my soviet comrades again i will of course wear my soviet uniform

I went a few years ago with my dad and this show was excellent! Bewteen the planes and re-enactors this was a great experience. The time I was there they did a simulation battle on the airfield with the vehicles and soldiers.

I have never been to that museum and if you could tell me where it is located and on June 6th I am going to a D-day memorial in Hillside, New Jersey, but that museum sounded like lots of fun I wish I could go.

It was a great show. LuftwaffeOberst and I were there on Friday, but dang it was hot. Got to see Walter Schuck and talked with him for a while. Bought some goodies at the flea market and took some nice vid. Too bad the "Emil" didn't show up on Friday. We were looking for it.

Yeah it ended up in Bradford Pa had a wee prob with the binders it'll have to make up for it next year

Yeah it ended up in Bradford Pa had a wee prob with the binders it'll have to make up for it next year

Luft and I figured it was something to do with that. The weather was pretty bad - a lot of haze and heat. Old planes + heat = not a good thing.

Will she be at the Airshow in July (Geneseo?) If so, I think that's a trip I am going to want to take - a nice, leisurely 2.5 hour trip to see her is worth it.

How d'you guys know she was Marseille's mount - does the Werknummer fit one of his early BoB planes? There were other people that flew a 14 - just as there was about 5-6 people that flew with No. 13 as their ID. It's the Wkn. that makes it really identifiable. :)

It was $16 to get in at Reading, but it was worth every penny!:) :)

I got to sit in her when she was at Mojave. The folks who were working on her had a file of records and articles tracing her lineage. She's the real deal...

Luft and I figured it was something to do with that. The weather was pretty bad - a lot of haze and heat. Old planes + heat = not a good thing.

Will she be at the Airshow in July (Geneseo?) If so, I think that's a trip I am going to want to take - a nice, leisurely 2.5 hour trip to see her is worth it.

How d'you guys know she was Marseille's mount - does the Werknummer fit one of his early BoB planes? There were other people that flew a 14 - just as there was about 5-6 people that flew with No. 13 as their ID. It's the Wkn. that makes it really identifiable. :)

It was $16 to get in at Reading, but it was worth every penny!:) :)
So far all were sending down is the Hurricane but these things change we cooperate with the Geneseo guys so you never know
. Ive put some shots of her of on my thread
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/personal-gallery/pbs-photos-4053.html

Awesome. To have that girl and know she was Jochen's mount is just an amazing thing.

My husband, LuftwaffeOberst, is a grounded pilot (due to lack of $$) but all his life he's been wanting to get near an Emil. Not to fly it, but to be near it. (he wants to put one finger on it, but I told him no way man. :) )

It would be great to be that close to a piece of history.

Well, if you can't work out a deal with the Geneseo guys, there is always next June. Let's hope it's COOLER than it was this time around.

That must be a real b**** trying to land her with that narrow undercarriage. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back