Wrestler Benoit, wife and son found dead

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To be honest, I'm sorry if I step on someones toes here, WWF is nothing more than a well choreographed theater to me....

You're right. But the dark side that's been emerging is troubling.

I agree with both of these statements. Wrestling is nothing but a soap oprah for men. The dark side is the abuse of steroids/drugs, for sure. I don't care what the media is force feeding everyone. There is a safer way to take steroids. It's when the abuse starts is when they get in trouble.

Look at body builders. They are taking just massive amounts of steroids and HGH and they are not dying off. It's because they bulk up safely, then clean up afterwards. They give their body a break after the shows to rest and heal. Because the WWE's schedule is a couple times a week, every week, all year, they don't get a break.

It's sad that gone this far....wonder how long before we read about a chess player that has been banned for life for taking Steroids.....

There is a safer way to take steroids. It's when the abuse starts is when they get in trouble.

Look at body builders. They are taking just massive amounts of steroids and HGH and they are not dying off. It's because they bulk up safely, then clean up afterwards. They give their body a break after the shows to rest and heal. Because the WWE's schedule is a couple times a week, every week, all year, they don't get a break.

Be careful. Don't have the stats but lot's of body builders are having health problems. Steroids are illegal, can only be prescribed by a doctor to correct an existing medical condition. NO competant doctor would prescribe steroids to an otherwise healthy individual just so that person could get bigger and stronger. The only way to bulk up safely is to do it naturally...diet and weight training.

Be careful. Don't have the stats but lot's of body builders are having health problems. Steroids are illegal, can only be prescribed by a doctor to correct an existing medical condition. NO competant doctor would prescribe steroids to an otherwise healthy individual just so that person could get bigger and stronger. The only way to bulk up safely is to do it naturally...diet and weight training.

What kind of medical condition could that be??

What kind of medical condition could that be??

There are a number of conditions. Most common is to treat patients who have experienced muscular atrophy due to disease or paralysis. Steroids are also prescribed when people's hormones are out of wack due to other medications. Even children can be treated for certain abnormal growth conditions. I'm not an MD but my bodybuilding son (who's all natural) and CSCS certified has given me an education.

it is about power and monies, big monies, who is the grandest with the largest chest and biceps ? you guys know where the spotlight is going to be. hey dig the chic with the rippling abs and behold a 40 inch D chest - wha ?

these idiots know full well what steroids will do to the inerds in the long run but if you have bozos like these that feel you only live once and it should lived to the fullest although very short term, guess what .............my frickin sport of pro cycling is fully on tainted with these performance enhancing mechanisms and the gleefully rich doctors from everywhere to administer
for a hefty sum

fools !

look at the terminator now

The problem/danger is cardiac in nature. Steroids will bulk up not just skeletial tissue but myocardial tissue as well. Although it sounds good, thick muscled ventricle walls will actually inhibit the hearts pumping action. It reduces the effective blood volume or 'stroke volume' of the heart. This can be clinically measured as 'injection fraction'. Even just a plain film chest X-ray can reveal cardiomegaly. Valve problems go hand in hand. Extreme situations, can lead to cardiac failure and death.

But you're dealing with extreme people.

I remember seeing a 22yr old in ICU who as a result of unmonitored steroid use looked like a pair of pantyhose stuffed with walnuts and had symptoms of left ventricular failure. The problem and danger was explained to him but he flexed his right arm, producing a watermelon sized bicep and said "I'm not giving this up".

I don't want to come off as saying steroids can be safe or there isn't any harm in steroids if taken correctly.

My statement was there is a "safer" way to take them. As also stated before, I took 3 different kinds over the course of 5 years. I've been clean for about 5 years now and I'm noticing things in my body that dont seem right such has ankles, knees, elbows, muscles, and shoulders have strange intense pains. It could be from me playing basketball for 20 years and now that I'm fixing to be 41 I'm showing signs of age.

These are the facts that I have personally experience, both 1st hand and from my friends.

1. There is a safer way to take them.
2. If you start doing monster stacks, your only increasing your risks of.....everything.
3. Long term use does hurt your body.
4. Long term mild use shows little to no ill effects.
5. Introducing anything foreign to your body increases risks.
6. Some steroids, especially orals, are murder on your organs. You MUST give them a break and be clean.
7. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't have touched them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back