WW 2 Axis Color !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bf 109's of the RRAF with a Bf 108 in the foreground
Same setting but with a very nice angle including a JU 52 :)

Attachments

• Bf_108_ARR_color_28_.jpg
    Bf_108_ARR_color_28_.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 346
  • Bf_109E_Grupul7_color_28_ (1).jpg
    Bf_109E_Grupul7_color_28_ (1).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 338

Attachments

• cr42-2.jpg
    cr42-2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 310
  • cr42-5.jpg
    cr42-5.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 306
  • cr42-3.jpg
    cr42-3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 295
  • cr42-4.jpg
    cr42-4.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 315
  • cr42-1.jpg
    cr42-1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 307
Any idea where this picture is taken from?
Work collegue of mine seems to think its Notre Dame.

Attachments

• amberye.jpg
    amberye.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 259
That is not Notre Dam. Notre Dam is a gothic cathedral as well, but the facade is different.

I believe it is the Strasbourg Cathedral in Strasbourg, France. The Strasbourg, Cathedral was damaged during the war as well.

Attachments

• 800px-Frontispice_cathédrale_Strasbourg.JPG
    800px-Frontispice_cathédrale_Strasbourg.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
The Panther looks familiar. I'm wondering if it is the same one shown being hit, in a video clip posted some time ago by Charles Bronson. The same panther also appeared in some 'stills', shown after the battle, with US troops and vehicles around, and a similar church or cathedral, if my memory serves me.

I don't think it's either of them. Notre Dame I believe has double doors on the side "towers" next to the front door. Strasbourg's sides have the single door, but there are 4 figures on each side of the door, vs the 3 in the pic posted and the main door has 5 on either side vs the 4 in the pic. Very similar however.

If it is the same tank, then from what I remember, it was in Germany. However, The Panther in the pic is an earlier Ausf A, where I think the one in the video clip etc was an Ausf G.

I don't think it's either of them. Notre Dame I believe has double doors on the side "towers" next to the front door. Strasbourg's sides have the single door, but there are 4 figures on each side of the door, vs the 3 in the pic posted and the main door has 5 on either side vs the 4 in the pic. Very similar however.

You are correct. It is the Cologne Cathedral in Calogne, Germany. It is 100% the Cologne Cathedral.

Attachments

• 771px-Warning_sign_in_cologne.jpg
    771px-Warning_sign_in_cologne.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 388px-Kölner_Dom_-_Südportal_gesamt_-_Domwallfahrt.jpg
    388px-Kölner_Dom_-_Südportal_gesamt_-_Domwallfahrt.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Thanks Chris - that's one of the pics I was thinking of. I had a feeling it might be Cologne, but wasn't totally sure.

thanks guys for the amazing color photos.
if any one wants, there are a few good private photo collectors building a photo library and they have some super USAF color shots and negatives- give it a look. Ian
PIXPAST.com • Index page

Users who are viewing this thread

Back