WW2 Aviation Links (Add your links)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

To quote the page itself In the Second World War people at home with loved ones spread far away around the world with the forces were fed a diet, often government backed, of "how it works" or "how we will win" technical information leaflets. Very often these would have contained superb cut away and sectioned diagrams, showing the "insides" or as was said at the time "the works!" of the machines that were winning the war for us!

A growing collection of informative profile pages about individual WW2 fighters, in English:

La-5:

La-5F:

La-5FN

MiG-3:

Last edited:
I ran across this website the other day as I was researching Japanese WWII aircraft propellers and associated manufacturing topics. It relates to the Nippon Gakki Seizo K.K., a company that produced a significant portion of the propellers used by the Japanese military in WWII. To the Mods - I am not sure where it is best to put this thread?

"What the Japanese Bayberry Trees Have Seen Stories from the Early Years of Yamaha Motor"

The provided link gives access to over 100 interrogations of Japanese officers regarding all aspects of WW2, with a large amount of information regarding the air wars. For those interested, I recommend a complete read of the document, as there is a great deal of interesting material pertaining to such things as to The Who, why, and how individuals were chosen for debriefing along with each interviewee's biography.

A couple of nuggets I've noticed, so far, have been the multiple mentions of the effectiveness of American dive bombers, the negative effects of the strafing of airfield personnel on morale, once aircraft and other material targets began to dwindle *, and multiple mentions of Midway as the turning point of the war.

* This reminds me of Nazi complaints that even a lone motorcycle courier wasn't safe from marauding P-47s in France.

Moderators: This link could have easily fallen under the "general" category but I felt it contained an abundance of aircraft-related info to go here, also.

Last edited:
Full "LIFE" magazines from 1936 - 1972.... LIFE I started from 1939. Not much mention of the war "over there". The odd article starts to ramp up in 1940 and increases into 1941. I'm up to Mar. 1941 and the U.S. military articles are also starting to ramp up. In one of the late 40's, early 41 issues it mentions a small conflict in Asia involving Japan and others

The provided link gives access to over 100 interrogations of Japanese officers regarding all aspects of WW2, with a large amount of information regarding the air wars. For those interested, I recommend a complete read of the document, as there is a great deal of interesting material pertaining to such things as to The Who, why, and how individuals were chosen for debriefing along with each interviewee's biography.

A couple of nuggets I've noticed, so far, have been the multiple mentions of the effectiveness of American dive bombers, the negative effects of the strafing of airfield personnel on morale, once aircraft and other material targets began to dwindle *, and multiple mentions of Midway as the turning point of the war.

* This reminds me of Nazi complaints that even a lone motorcycle courier wasn't safe from marauding P-47s in France.

Moderators: This link could have easily fallen under the "general" category but I felt it contained an abundance of aircraft-related info to go here, also.
I already posted this with a complete index.

Up to June 16 1941 now and there are more articles involving U.S. build-up plus many articles involving isolationism. Very interesting to see how the U.S. is viewing the war. The start of an article on convoys....

1648490650808.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back