WWII Aircraft/Military Museums - World Tour

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I will have to go and dig out the pics and make a more formal thread for the museums I have been to. I think the pics though are on my laptop which is at work. I will try and remember to bring them home on Monday.

Wow what a collection!

what a great idea freebird i'll add any more pics and links that i have as i sort them out

Great! I will find a map of Europe to post as well, if V2 posts some from Poland, I think Konigstiger had some from Rumania? I also have some from Sevastopol in Ukraine.

Wow guys great work!!!

Thanks Wilbur! If any of you guys have more Museum threads that I've missed just post a link to your thread, I will also keep updating the list at the top of this thread.

I'm a little behind in edits. I was at Palm Springs last weekend, and Chino yesterday.

I have a bunch of the museums at Camarillo and Santa Paula, but don't have them on my website. I will see what I can dig out.

Yes I guess in your business Eric you must have crates of photos....

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/surprises-museum-1207.html

By the way which museum is that thread from? Is it Chino or Camarillo?

I posted this pic earlier on the "Test" thread, its a partially re-built Waco Glider, the placard on the front says that the Waco was the 3rd most US produced aerial vehicle made during WWII with 14,000 made {after the Liberator Thunderbolt}

I think the total of 15,000 for Mustangs AT-6's also include those made in Canada or made post-war

This model had an interesting story, after WWII it was converted into a towed holiday trailer, keeping the original windshield and canopy as a view window.

Later some of the Museum workers saw it abandoned in a farmer's field and bought it for the museum. It's been partially restored {as far as possible with the original parts}

Attachments

• Waco2.JPG
    Waco2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Waco3.JPG
    Waco3.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 136
Some more items, flight suits, cold weather gerr.

The lower one is of a WWII training poster. Note the caricatures of the 3 bad guys {Hitler, Mussolini Tojo} looking on with amusement as the trainee crashes.

Attachments

• WWII-LandingGear.JPG
    WWII-LandingGear.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 136
  • WWII-suit.JPG
    WWII-suit.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 134
few i haven't posted before unfortunatley the G-6 is only a replica

Attachments

• hunter3.jpg
    hunter3.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 137
  • G6.jpg
    G6.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 133
  • buccanear.jpg
    buccanear.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 142
Thanks Wilbur! If any of you guys have more Museum threads that I've missed just post a link to your thread, I will also keep updating the list at the top of this thread.

Yes I guess in your business Eric you must have crates of photos....

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/surprises-museum-1207.html

By the way which museum is that thread from? Is it Chino or Camarillo?

That was Camarillo. I have a ton of pictures from the museum down there. I have been meaning to document more museums on my website, I just haven't found the time yet. Hopefully soon.

Ok I put it on the map too.

Here is the Fokker replica

Below is the pilot IRF trainer

Attachments

• WWII-trainer.JPG
    WWII-trainer.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 127
  • WWI-Fokker.JPG
    WWI-Fokker.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 128
Some of the 30's 40's vehicles

Attachments

• WWII-car.JPG
    WWII-car.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 105
  • WWII-jeep.JPG
    WWII-jeep.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 103
hey freebird can you put a little square just under newcastle uk because thats where i'm at and where i took those pics

Sure! I just put it on.

And now to continue the Museums tour, I have the pics from Hill AFB in Ogden, Utah. {near Salt Lake City}

It was unfortunate, due to delays I only got there just as they were closing, however I got some good pics of the aircraft outside.

They have a huge collection indoors, I will have to get photos there next time I'm in Utah....

Attachments

• HillMuseum2.JPG
    HillMuseum2.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 110
It might take me longer to find the pics. I cant find them on my laptop so they have to be on a number of external hard drives or CD's that I have burned.

There was quite a bit of hardware outside, so I can only imagine how much more is inside. :cry: It's too bad I don't get over to Utah more often.

Again, my apologies for taking shots through the fence, I didn't think hopping over into a restricted AFB was such a good idea! :p

Attachments

• Hill-AFB3.JPG
    Hill-AFB3.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Hill-AFB2.JPG
    Hill-AFB2.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back