WWII Aircraft/Military Museums - World Tour

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow guys great work!!!

Thanks Wilbur! If any of you guys have more Museum threads that I've missed just post a link to your thread, I will also keep updating the list at the top of this thread.

I'm a little behind in edits. I was at Palm Springs last weekend, and Chino yesterday.

I have a bunch of the museums at Camarillo and Santa Paula, but don't have them on my website. I will see what I can dig out.

Yes I guess in your business Eric you must have crates of photos....

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/surprises-museum-1207.html

By the way which museum is that thread from? Is it Chino or Camarillo?

I posted this pic earlier on the "Test" thread, its a partially re-built Waco Glider, the placard on the front says that the Waco was the 3rd most US produced aerial vehicle made during WWII with 14,000 made {after the Liberator Thunderbolt}

I think the total of 15,000 for Mustangs AT-6's also include those made in Canada or made post-war

This model had an interesting story, after WWII it was converted into a towed holiday trailer, keeping the original windshield and canopy as a view window.

Later some of the Museum workers saw it abandoned in a farmer's field and bought it for the museum. It's been partially restored {as far as possible with the original parts}

Attachments

• Waco2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 140
  • Waco3.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 136
Some more items, flight suits, cold weather gerr.

The lower one is of a WWII training poster. Note the caricatures of the 3 bad guys {Hitler, Mussolini Tojo} looking on with amusement as the trainee crashes.

Attachments

• WWII-LandingGear.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 136
  • WWII-suit.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 134

That was Camarillo. I have a ton of pictures from the museum down there. I have been meaning to document more museums on my website, I just haven't found the time yet. Hopefully soon.

Ok I put it on the map too.

Here is the Fokker replica

Below is the pilot IRF trainer

Attachments

• WWII-trainer.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 127
  • WWI-Fokker.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 128
hey freebird can you put a little square just under newcastle uk because thats where i'm at and where i took those pics

Sure! I just put it on.

And now to continue the Museums tour, I have the pics from Hill AFB in Ogden, Utah. {near Salt Lake City}

It was unfortunate, due to delays I only got there just as they were closing, however I got some good pics of the aircraft outside.

They have a huge collection indoors, I will have to get photos there next time I'm in Utah....

Attachments

• HillMuseum2.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 110
There was quite a bit of hardware outside, so I can only imagine how much more is inside. It's too bad I don't get over to Utah more often.

Again, my apologies for taking shots through the fence, I didn't think hopping over into a restricted AFB was such a good idea!

Attachments

• Hill-AFB3.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Hill-AFB2.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread