WWII aviation art. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some Spitfire Mk.XIV artwork, enjoy :)

Attachments

• Spitfire Mk.XIVc.jpg
    Spitfire Mk.XIVc.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 276
  • Spitfire Mk.XIVe.jpg
    Spitfire Mk.XIVe.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Spitfire MkXIVc.jpg
    Spitfire MkXIVc.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 416
Well you've got those two 13mm's over the engine, a clear sign its a Dora. And secondly the cockpit is further ahead, again a clear sign its a Dora. But you might be right about the tail and its shape, but even some Dora's had this tail design(Below), so its definitely a Dora :)

Attachments

• Brown__4_CS.jpg
    Brown__4_CS.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 250
In any case its an animated picture, so it could be virtually anything :D But I'd say its a Dora though.

Yep just checked if it could be Ta-152C, but its Supercharger intake sits on the wrong side so its definitely a Dora...

Erich said:
It's a Dora with a wooden TA tail.

not that uncommon

Yeah but its not that clear if its really a TA tail or just the normal tail, its difficult to see because of the angle. But it doesn't matter, cause its definitely a Dora alright.

Some more Dora paintings, enjoy :)

Attachments

• Fw-190D-9 JV44.jpg
    Fw-190D-9 JV44.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 247
  • 05_FW190D9.jpg
    05_FW190D9.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 243
Soren :

great avatar ! :D

of note many of the JV 44 pilots never knew they had a cover protection staffel.
the Würger staffel even with the birghtly covered camo and photos via books was a strange and nullified staffel, possibly 1 P-47 kill and it was a random find at that.

Erich said:
III./JG 54 and JG 26 by Axel Urbanke, and published through Eagle Editions clearly show this in pics as well as photos

Sorry I don't follow, show what ?

Erich said:
Soren :

great avatar !

Thanks Erich ! :D Yours is great as-well ! :D

Erich said:
of note many of the JV 44 pilots never knew they had a cover protection staffel.
the Würger staffel even with the birghtly covered camo and photos via books was a strange and nullified staffel, possibly 1 P-47 kill and it was a random find at that.

Perhaps we need a thread about the Würger staffel, would be interesting I think.

Soren the book I was referring to covers the TA 152 tailed Doras in some details with JG 26. is that clear ? Les ordered it recetnly I believe. It is a classic work from September 44 till wars end

Erich said:
Soren the book I was referring to covers the TA 152 tailed Doras in some details with JG 26. is that clear ? Les ordered it recetnly I believe. It is a classic work from September 44 till wars end

10-4 Erich, I just couldn't decide wether you were commenting Les's first picture or the Dora's with the TA tail, its all clear to me now though.

i've several prints mounted in my room which i rather like but this's one of my favourites that i found on the internet, very atmospheric..........

Attachments

• 617.jpg
    617.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 257
Very nice Lanc !

Here's a painting of a Corsair, enjoy :)

Attachments

• FR037-05.jpg
    FR037-05.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 400
very cool Lanc !

I've got some first hand info just recently arrived from TA 152H ace W. Reschke which I will post in a seperate aviation thread and will have to wait for his answers to 4 other questions in regards to flying the Ta 152H

I almost passed out from pure excitement reading that last post of yours Erich! I'm really looking forward to this! :D

On the other hand...:lol:

Attachments

• Yak-9D.jpg
    Yak-9D.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 243

Users who are viewing this thread

Back