Yo Basket! (and other Brits)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yeap that is where my Grandmother is originally from. When it was actually still within German borders.

Off topic - but that must be a very strange feeling when your childhood home is not only controlled by another state, but inhabited by a different people.

I'm reading about the history of Prussia at the moment; I'm up to the final part of the 18th Century at the moment. The book has six maps of Prussia through the ages at the beginning, it really opens your eyes to the changes that have happened.

And Prussia was abolished in World War II - the Allies wrote it into the surrender.

Off topic - but that must be a very strange feeling when your childhood home is not only controlled by another state, but inhabited by a different people.

When the Russians came through they went back to within German borders and remained there. I would not have been surprised if she had allways longed to return to her childhood home, especially since it was allways German land prior to WW2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back