Airframes

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Post areas

• Hey T, so I was wondering.. what would be the proper way of weathering the Heinkels torps? I wanted to try and stretch myself with a rust or algae look, but then thought those would only occur if the torp hit the water therefore it wouldnt be retrieved (BOOM!). It has a gray / black tip scheme, chipping?

Thanks, Corey
    Ill probably be investing in some promodeler washes to start, those seem to be pretty nice. Over time ill probably get the artistic nack for the panels.. :)
    Just when I think its getting easier, research considerations! It sort of sucks that my research always falls short in results, well.. this is why I come to you. I'm between the Heinkel and the B17 now, and I will be wanting to do some panel fades on the heinkel. The only thought I have now is sun fading..
    Am I hitting the edges of the panel or the whole panel? I have seen the faded look before, its like a color in the middle then it fades to a different shade on the outer of the panel. Dog! This is hard to explain in words
    Sounds like a wet drybrush, as you said it was. I will have to give it a try, or just buy promodeler washes, or just airbrush mists. But, some techniques put others to shame.
    Ive been trying to picture your panel painting description... So you put a bunch of small blobs of different color paints on each panel then blended them with a stroking motion with a good brush dipped in thinner? Because I know some people put a drop of black down then streak it for oil streaks
    Aye.. So I would let the 'wash' dry then blend it with thinner or blend it while it is still wet?

What basic colors would you recommend for typical panel variation and grime? I dont think I will try it on the heinkel, possibly the p40?

My birthday is coming up, and I am in need of nothing so I stock piled my list with modeling things. Ive jotted down some kits, a air compressor with regulator, paints, and all the sorts. So, more then likely I will add the humbrols selection to it.
    Hello old bean, been awhile... So the B26 thread, for the dirt / fades - Did you just use a large brush and just do various color washes and slowly build it up over the entire plane and small areas?

I once tried it on a P40 for sunfading, it came out ehhhh. It was acrylic also.. would investing in some basic color humbrol enamel be worth the while?
    Aup Terry,

Just thought i'd tell you that all Morrison's shops are selling dissused fire works display cabinets for £10 each.
    these cabinets have two large glass shelves and a lockable under storage cabinet below it,
    they are 3ft high X 2ft wide X 4ft long come in white and has glass shelves these are already built
    and bloody ace for displaying stuff/models.

At £10 you can't go wrong, some BIG Morrison's have three cabinets forsale, if your interested
    and can't see any as you walk into the shops ask and they'll tell you if they have any left.

I got one and are fantastic value.

ian.
    Hi Terry.

Vic would like to know if we can use the same thread, I thought you said we could for this GB but could you send me a PM so I can foward it to him so he knows :D

Thanks!
    I have forgotten. Sorry. Also you can send the visitor message to someone by clicking his nick and then choosing the Contact info option. THere you will find the option for VM sending too.
    Terry I have to go bed. Tomorrow I have to get up quite early.

How is the situation with pics like?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back