1:1 Spitfire K9817 Cockpit Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Many thanks Gents,

It is good to actually get some more done. Chris has been run off his feet, as have I and it doesn't take long for a couple of months to slip by. I am very glad to have the U/C and Oil pressure finally done as both would have been a nightmare to scratch build totally.

With luck the Panel will be finished (cutouts, that is) tonight and tomorrow and the weekend will see the etch primer applied and maybe a first black satin coat.

I'm still waiting for the controls as well, a series of hiccups there but they will be finished shortly.

thanks again

Darryl

Thanks guys...the grind continues...

Some additional small achievements and bits.

The Oil Pressure / Fuel Pressure working gauge.

IMG_3796.gif

Paneel_eigen.gif

Based on Flight illusions Cessna dual gauge with a new face as that gauge has dual oil temp and pressure. This gauge is not in the original Spitfire. The Yellow gauge above for oil and a red gauge in early marques for fuel was used. Later the above panel was used with Fuel Pressure omitted and a Super Charger panel added (where the rectangular cutout is). I will shorten the SuperCharger Panel and put this round gauge above the yellow OP. A nice compromise I think.

Brake Pressure Gauge.
Dual Cessna FI gauge (with new face)

Left side tracks the FSX brake pressure (it only has a "both" figure), right side is linked to EGT so that you can use it to lean the mixture correctly. A bit of a cheat but "ear" alone is not accurate enough to lean in FSX and the second gauge needle was spare.

IMG_3795-Copy.gif

Nose Trim Gauge.
Based on a small FI gauge..new face by Chris

IMG_3805.gif

Collins Comms Radio which will be hidden in the Map Box with an ADF Nav Radio.
Stock FI unit.

IMG_3802.gif

Finally the RPM that Flight Illusions customised for me to a 5000RPM Spitifre gauge.

IMG_3801-Copy.gif

More in a couple of weeks time probably...

thanks

Darryl

Thanks Chaps!!

I picked up an ABU11 clock last night, not a Spitfire clock (don't like the radiation, although I am assured it is not a big issue) but an F16 clock with hack switch. It will look OK and is fully restored so I can use it for navigation (use GPS I hear you say..none of that modern rubbish for me...stop watch map and compass is all I use, real world and sim!)

That will hold me back from making the final panel cuts until it arrives, which delays painting and leaves me with nothing to do right now.

Still waiting for a final delivery on the controls too, must email Gwyn again.

So I am suffering from "projectlessness" for a few days...I DO have that 1:24 Airfix Spitifre MK1..maybe...what? OH, coming dear.......

D

By the time you've finished this Daryyl, all you need is the Merlin up front and it'll be complete! Or are you going to have an inter-active audio track for the engine sound - at full volume?!!

Terry

Sound and outside visuals provided by THIS little beauty hooked up to a brand new i920 overclocked, liquid cooled beastie!

IMG_3794.gif

IMG_3803.gif

The fuel and repair bills put me off the actual Merlin.... :) ;)

Hells teeth! That's a nice set up mate! I suppose the exhaust stains on the lounge walls, and the oil and Glycol on the carpet from the Merlin, probably wouldn't go down well with her indoors either!!
So when you've got this all done and up and running, and when you get tired of it, is the next stage an all-axis moving, full scale, complete fuselage and wings etc?!! I'll go away now, before I get blamed for giving you more ideas.......

If I could play IL-2 on three screens I'll never leave my seat for the next five hours!! :shock:

Can't wait for more shots of your Cockpit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back