1/10 Scale Stuka 87-D, But not really. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gentlemen,

Thank you, I'm trying.

Bottom side is finished except for a bit of detail that will be applied before the final coat of clear.

It looks as though the wheel covers are not painted light blue from what I see on line?

Blacklist

Attachments

• DSCN9910.jpg
    DSCN9910.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN9909.jpg
    DSCN9909.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN9908.jpg
    DSCN9908.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN9907.jpg
    DSCN9907.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 46
Wurger,

I'm waiting for paint which will be used for the top colors.

Am I gaffing the model up or am I somewhat on track?

It's just paint, anything can be changed.

Blacklist

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies and kind remarks. it's appreciated.

Ya killing me. Windows XP cannot see this website any longer. Please change it back. I'm kidding! I'm on my wife's PC her old one actually. It has Windows 7.

With that said, I have to do twice the work to get a photo uploaded. But I don't mind. I'm kidding again!

Which "N" number is correct? One is on a straight line and the other is high low, high low.

I hope I can post the photo? I have photos of recent work which I can thumb drive from my Windows XP. Sure wish XP had eyes for this Website.

Thanks again guys.

Blacklist
double.jpg

Last edited:
Which "N" number is correct? One is on a straight line and the other is high low, high low.

Both of them seem to be correct. The pics below show that the one on the starboard of the tail was lined while the one on the port side was like you described above.

ju87g_rudel_1.jpg

ju87g_rudel_2.jpg

Wurger,

Thank you for that quick reply. You're always a great help.

The tail number, my choice would be all numbers on the same line. Same aircraft with different layouts? Could there have been a repair to one side? Different aircraft?

My choice for the scheme on this model was inspired by Bjorn Jacobsen's fine Stuka model. I was sold on the winter camo work he did. For anyone interested here's a link to Bjorn Jacobsen's model.

http://dioramas-and-models.com/Junkers%20Ju87G%20Kanonenvoegel.html

There were a few other Stuka models done up with this particular winter camo on line that I visited, but Mr. Jacobsen's was certainly my choice. Please take a look.

Yes, I know. Paint camo on the entire model only for it to be covered with white. Wish I knew the shade of white?

Here's a few more photos of masking and paint work.

Thanks again for that quick reply.

Blacklist

Attachments

• DSCN9944.jpg
    DSCN9944.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN9945.jpg
    DSCN9945.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCN9948.jpg
    DSCN9948.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN9959.jpg
    DSCN9959.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN9962.jpg
    DSCN9962.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN9963.jpg
    DSCN9963.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 59
Rudel used a couple of different Stukas. But the Werk Nummer of the plane in pics above is the same. For the reason I would say it is the same kite. But why one of the serials is lined while the second one isn't I don't know. I would say it is up to you what kind of it you apply on both sides of the fin.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind remarks, it's appreciated.

Here's the latest photo update. Black green corrected, a tad of airbrush detail and panel lines being added.

I'll spend a bit of time on the model today, I should do the exhaust color.

Blacklist
dscn9982.jpg
dscn9983.jpg

It is the same aircraft, a Ju 87 G-2, and the werknummer is a little uneven. The second 9 and then the last two numbers, 93, seem lower in the better version of that photograph I have seen. It's just human error.
This is the aircraft in which, on 14th November 1944 Rudel was wounded by machine gun fire from a Soviet tank, two 13mm rounds struck his left leg. He made an emergency landing at the fighter airfield at Budapest-Badaors.
This is not to be confused with the wound he received on 8th February 1945 which resulted in the loss of his lower right leg.

For the winter camouflage white is white. The Luftwaffe/RLM didn't have a permanent white lacquer available for the first winter following 'Barbarossa' as they were not planning to still be fighting by then. Temporary finishes which weathered rather quickly were applied at or near the fronts in a variety of ways and often in a slap-dash manner.
A permanent white aircraft lacquer did become available for the second winter and some aircraft were factory finished in this winter camouflage. Being permanent it didn't wear so quickly and the finish was as neat as you'd expect from the point of production.

Cheers

Steve

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the kind replies. here's some updated photos of my progress.

Blacklist
dscn0011.jpg
dscn0013.jpg
dscn0012.jpg
dscn0014.jpg

Wurger,

Thanks for that thumb's up.

I was a pilot, commercial actually, had my own seaplane charter business, so that thumb's up has real meaning.

I've been on line looking for the small lettering that's in many places on this particular Stuka. Inboard on the flaps, under the wing near the tips in black and plenty of other places in white.

Is there a sheet that this lettering on it and placement? With a sheet I can make my own.

Blacklist

Is there a sheet that this lettering on it and placement? With a sheet I can make my own.

Not the best one but it may help... the pic source: the net.

Attachments

• Ju87 stencils.rar
    924.8 KB · Views: 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back