1/32 Heinkel He 219A-5 - Night War of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now....
To get these....

IMG_20151204_143136.jpg

....to shape them like this....

IMG_20151204_143210.jpg

....here....

IMG_20151204_143241.jpg

....and here....

IMG_20151204_143308.jpg

Which is the best way?

I use one of these. But for a simple bend like that, you could probably get buy with some tweezers. Angles don't have to be exact... you can glue down each segment as you go.
SmallShop1.jpg

Doh!

Don't show him something he'll need to buy or he'll delay the start another week!

PE bends pretty easily Jan. As John says a pair of tweezers works fine. For more complex or small parts, I lay a steel straight edge along the bend line and, making sure the straight edge firmly holds the part down, I use an x-acto knife to get under the part to be bend and then fold it.

One tip I would suggest is to roughen the back of the PE with some 150 grit paper. That way the CA glue sticks much better.

I wouldn't know where to start with one of those small bending jigs - but then, with my knackered hands, I wouldn't be able to hold the darned thing anyway !
The (very) few pE parts I've had to bend, I used tweezers, as suggested, or, for slightly larger items, some small modelling pliers, which work very well. Overall length is around 80 to 90 mm, with jaw width around 3 or 4 mm.

I use one of these. But for a simple bend like that, you could probably get buy with some tweezers. Angles don't have to be exact... you can glue down each segment as you go.
SmallShop1.jpg

I've got that one, great wee thing!

Doh!

Don't show him something he'll need to buy or he'll delay the start another week!

PE bends pretty easily Jan. As John says a pair of tweezers works fine. For more complex or small parts, I lay a steel straight edge along the bend line and, making sure the straight edge firmly holds the part down, I use an x-acto knife to get under the part to be bend and then fold it.

One tip I would suggest is to roughen the back of the PE with some 150 grit paper. That way the CA glue sticks much better.

Cheers, I'll try that!
The bend that needs to be done is more soft, so that bending thingmajig wouldn't work...

I wouldn't know where to start with one of those small bending jigs - but then, with my knackered hands, I wouldn't be able to hold the darned thing anyway !
The (very) few pE parts I've had to bend, I used tweezers, as suggested, or, for slightly larger items, some small modelling pliers, which work very well. Overall length is around 80 to 90 mm, with jaw width around 3 or 4 mm.

We'll see what works old boy....

....much obliged gentlemen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back