1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As promised here are some shots of the cockpit before I close it up. I put together the floor, firewall (including instrument panel and MG's) ,seat back and armour plate. I then glued this to the starboard side of the fuselage per the instructions.

IMG_0709a700good.JPG

IMG_0703a700.JPG

IMG_0705a800.JPG

Last edited:
Mike, Andy, Igor,

Thanks for having a look guys. Glad you like it. The help I received on the site with pictures of the cockpit and information on the regulator set up was very beneficial. In fact I had been wondering why there were so few cockpit shots of the Ki-61. The most we have seem to be the ones taken of captured aircraft after the war. Then I read in my Hien Fighter Book that there was a reason for the lack of photos. According to the author the cockpit interior was considered to be secret and no photos were allowed of the interior according to IJAAF regulations. As all the photos in the book are taken by Japanese army air force personnel there are no cockpit interior shots.

Next up I am going to do the the reflector gunsight. I say reflector because I am also going to be fitting the Venturi tube on the port side of the aircraft which was also considered secret at the time.I read somewhere that it worked in conjunction with the reflector gunsight. The Venturi tube was more rare than common and not seen on most a/c. I am not sure how it works but instead of measuring fluid pressure reduction when fluid flows through a constricted area I believe the Japanese one measured airflow (pressure reduction) rather than fluid flow.

Last edited:
Sergio and Wayne thanks for the comments.

Wayne, so you going to do a Tei version of the Ki-61? Should be a good one. I hope to have another update this coming weekend. Long weekend of course coming up with Easter and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back