1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey thanks guys.

Glad you like the mask/camo work. I did the port side fuselage a few days ago and will post some pics this weekend perhaps more depending on how far I get. The fuselage work was much more difficult than the wings.

To answer your questions regarding the mask. I purchased the mask set from Kenny at Gator Masks. As you may be aware he is well known for his Gator Glue. However, Kenny does aircraft and armour masks as well.

Here's the link to Kenny's site for the aircaft masks.

Aircraft Masks

The Mask wasn't packaged in the traditional manor, ie. flat nylon card in a zip lock bag but was rolled up and put in a cylindrical tube.
You have to unfurl it and cut the masks out of the sheet. I put weights on the cut out pieces to flatten them out and left them for a night before applying them.

Thanks again for looking.

Cheers,
Dave.

Well,

Got some pics done of the port side fuselage. Little bit of over spray on the super charger intake area but nothing that can't be touched up. Also, the white fuselage stripe will cover most of it up. I might add some more green camo to the intake as it was on the real a/c.

Cheers,
Dave.

IMG_1145a500.jpg

IMG_1147a500.jpg

IMG_1149 a500.jpg

I knew Kenny was doing stuff for ships but did not know about the others.I am in need of more Gator Glue might have to look at some of his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back