1/32 Ki-61-I Hien

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nice work. i tanke it with the masks you cut the shapes out and then tape the mask onto the aircraft before applying the the paint?

Hi Parsifal,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the build.

Regarding the mask you cut each one out then make minor cuts to it to get it to fit the area you will be masking. Then you do what is called weeding which is to say you remove the shapes from the mask. Finally, you position the mask on the appropriate area and apply it. Once done you are good to go with your airbrush.

Well boys things are moving at a decent clip now. I got the Hinomaru's on today. Used Masks for these as well. Also did the anti glare panel too.

Hope you like it.

IMG_1177a550.JPG

IMG_1175a550.JPG

IMG_1174a550.JPG

IMG_1166a500.JPG

IMG_1179a550.JPG

IMG_1170a550.JPG

Thanks Guys,

I am kind of amazed at how many colours these aircraft will actually have once she is complete. You got your NMF, then Kawaski green, Orange yellow, Red, Black, White, Blue, Propeller brown and of course RLM79. Like Terry said of one my models its looks "Card like" If I understand by what he meant by that than this one definitely looks the part. The weathering will tone it down but thats how Kobayashi's a/c looked for the most part.

Dave.

Last edited:
Thanks Gents. Getting closer to getting her done.

More progress pics.

I painted the vertical red stripe on the rear fuselage. I originally painted it red but it was too close to the colour of the hinomaru markings and I wanted it look more like the colour on the tail which would give a sense of field applied paint versus factory applied such as the markings. I added a bit of vallejo rust brown to the red for my mixture (same as the tail) and fired away with my airbrush.

003 (2)a550.jpg

002 (2)550.jpg

006 (2)a500.jpg

010 (2)a500.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back