1/32 Revell BF-110 G4 WIP

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello JKim:

These are scratch built. These were made based in some drawings found in the web, so after cropping and detailing them on the Corel Draw software, you can work and detail even the blurred width of the propeller (that in this case, the BF 110 G has a rather broad propellers). The magic of using a decent software is that you can even choose to draw some details (like the propellers yellow tips from the american built kites, and to be honest they look very interesting in the blurred mode. I´ve seen some Japanese kites that sports some coloured stripes in the propellers too, and guess that someday I will built one kite also in the 1/32th scale).

Then the image is laser printed in a transparent acetate gloss sheet .005". I decided that with this sheet calibre it will be difficult that the acetate eventually bends due to the high temperatures of the area where I live.

And depending on the size and quality needed, you can choose directly from the software the ppp's (or resolution) of each print.

To be honest, is a trial and error process. I had to use different printers in order to finally print these two sets, and the final touch is performed while you finally cut each piece as desired and glue them into each engine nacelle (without leaving fingerprints or glue in the acetate surface.....)

Greetings from Monterrey my friend.

Kalakan
Excellent explanation Gerardo, very interesting option to achieve that effect. If you have the opportunity to share that page where you found those drawings, I, also for work reasons, I have Corel Draw and Illustrator and in the next similary project, I will try. Really those propellers look very real !!

And I know perfectly that climate in Monterrey, when it's cold it's very cold and when it's hot ... it's hot!
(The Canícula)

Ese dato de los dibujos, será de mucha utilidad para aquellos que seguimos buscando la mejor manera de hacer las cosas en este apasionante hobby. Un fuerte abrazo.
:occasion5:

Saludos :thumbup:

Excellent explanation Gerardo, very interesting option to achieve that effect. If you have the opportunity to share that page where you found those drawings, I, also for work reasons, I have Corel Draw and Illustrator and in the next similary project, I will try. Really those propellers look very real !!

And I know perfectly that climate in Monterrey, when it's cold it's very cold and when it's hot ... it's hot!
(The Canícula)

Ese dato de los dibujos, será de mucha utilidad para aquellos que seguimos buscando la mejor manera de hacer las cosas en este apasionante hobby. Un fuerte abrazo.
:occasion5:

Saludos :thumbup:

Hello Sancer:

Here I´m attaching the link to the web page that inspired me to work on the propellers.

Fill 'n Sand: Airbrushed prop blur discs.

The difference is that here the method used in this link is worked via airbrush and my work was performed in Corel.

To be sincere both methods at the end presents similar results.

Saludos compadre.....

Kalakan

Hello Sancer:

Here I´m attaching the link to the web page that inspired me to work on the propellers.

Fill 'n Sand: Airbrushed prop blur discs.

The difference is that here the method used in this link is worked via airbrush and my work was performed in Corel.

To be sincere both methods at the end presents similar results.

Saludos compadre.....

Kalakan

Sorry, forgot to attach the link for those "compadres" who would like to try to work it out in Corel:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ju-4-co1IU

Greetings gentleman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back