1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Me 262 B1a/U1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

a friend and I were going to do a book on Kmdo Welter an his pilots but all info went several years ago to Andreas. there are minmal accts of Welter as his flugbuch does not remain. Becker and one other flugbuch is under ownership and Andreas has been able to access his German contacts for further study thus his book on the jet unit and other Mossie hunting formations earlier in the war. Get the book !

Hello again my fellow modellers:

Here are the images of the work performed this week. So far the new stencils has not arrived yet and nevertheless I decided to continue with the paint works with the Balken Cross and the big Red 10 stencil.

First, I noticed that the Balken crosses that I got in a stencil package, were rather small against the original applied in this plane according to the images I´ve found in the web as well as in the link that Crimea kindly sent me. And after presenting them to the kite, it was noticeable that the fuselage crosses were small. So, it was time of resizing and applying the masking works. This was made taking some measurements directly to the original kite and converting them to 1:32 scale. Then the conversion works and applied this measurements to a sticky tape:

Maskin 02a.jpg

The test bed is my faithful Ju-87 D that has received all the paint and masking works before continuing with the final kite......
Maskin 001a.jpg

And now knowing that the paint works behaved well, then directly to the kite:
Maskin 04.jpg

And to the lower wing surfaces.
Maskin 03.jpg

And finally this is how the paint works look after the paint works and after two baths of gloss varnish:
paint 02.jpg

And now the only stencils I had were applied in the rudder as well as the Red 10 stencils. Also the cabin transparent surfaces were withdrawn and continue with the interior of the cabin along with the pilots...
stencils 01.jpg

stencils 02.jpg

Hope this week finally arrive the rest of the stencils.....:neutral2:

Now it's time to begin also with the weathering works with the oleo paints.

Hope you all have a great week!

Greetings

Kalakan :salute:

Looking the part Gerry and I hope your postal service comes through for you.
Thank you Crimea.

It's incredible that this delay happens when you want so hard to continue with the work and not lose momentum. Guess it's Murphy's law....

Later I´ll show you the next project in hand. But as always, let's finish what we have at the moment......

Regards

Gerry

Both Geo (fubar57) and I sent things from here in western Canada to another chap in Mexico City a few years back and, IIRC, it too almost a year for our stuff to get there.

Both Geo (fubar57) and I sent things from here in western Canada to another chap in Mexico City a few years back and, IIRC, it too almost a year for our stuff to get there.
Indeed my friend.

It's a shame the postal service we have here in Mexico. If it weren't for the big postal companies, everything would have collapsed after Covid.

Hope it improves with time...... but for the time being, its only a matter of patience.......:pensive:

Hope you all have an incredible week guys.

Gerry

Hello again my fellow modelers:

Finally, the decals arrived! It only took since January 3......

But well, after this period I decided that the belly would also be detailed in order to present the kite in a flying position in a stand. For the first time the plane will be positioned against the transparent base, with the aid of several neodymium magnets that are in the process of being identified and positioned inside the fuselage behind the main cabin.

Here is how the belly looked after applying the decals in place:
Lower decals 01.jpg

And then, after a good gloss varnish in the under surfaces in order to make more evident the different shades:
painted belly 01.jpg

And this is how the kite looks after applying the decals in the upper surfaces:
Upper decals 01.jpg

And this phase I was really wanted to begin after this waiting period. The black wash on the upper surfaces and on the engines with a brownish wash tone....
wash bath 01.jpg

How long do you suggest that the wash paint remain applied in the fuselage?

Well, this has been the weekly advance and hope you have an excellent week ahead guys!!

Kalakan

Could be a bit tricky getting it of. Best use something soft and only just damp to start with, your going to have to give it a gentle wash that may need you to increase the dampness of the cloth after the first pass. Gently wipe away from panel lines, lots of cotton earbuds might be good but you may still get a little residue left where you don't want it. :D

Could be a bit tricky getting it of. Best use something soft and only just damp to start with, your going to have to give it a gentle wash that may need you to increase the dampness of the cloth after the first pass. Gently wipe away from panel lines, lots of cotton earbuds might be good but you may still get a little residue left where you don't want it. :D
Thank you for this good advise Vic.

:salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back