1:32 scale Lancaster Mk.1 Hachette Partworks

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's more and more amazing with each 'installment'! Great work Gerry, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more!
Being able to see the step by step progress will make the finished model even more interesting and, I'm sure, even more amazing!

Fantastic stuff Gerry. Let me now if you need some pics in the wheel wells. I think I have some floating around and will likely be in Nanton again on Saturday so it will be easy to get any special requests done.

BTW, our museum's Lancaster now has all 4 Merlins running!

I am finding it harder and harder to believe that you aren't just taking photos of the real thing and whiting out the background??

Go on Gerry, you can tell me...I won't tell another soul....

Thanks guys for your overwhelmingly encouraging comments. It's this reaction that's spurring me on to push this build to the limit of my abilities.

Andy, thank you for your offer of photos of the wheel wells. I have some references for these in a couple of published sources. However, if you are going to be there anyway, extra references would always be helpful. I certainly found the earlier photos you took of the bomb bay extremely useful.

Darryl Terry, gotta put my hands up, you got me bang to rights there. Below, for your perusal, is a photo of my workbench...

IMW (TR 1386)

Gerry

Last edited:
Your workbench is too clean - that's the standard comment.

Gerry, I'll be sure to take a few minutes to shoot some wheel well pics for you on Saturday.

Just got back form Nanton and, as promised, here are your wheel well pics.

[edit - sorry got the sequence fixed now]

Starting with port well, looking forward then working to 2 oclock, 4 oclock, rear, 8 oclock, then 10 oclock:

Starboard well, working in the same sequence:

Last edited:
I had to re-do them George as they all came out of sequence, despite me putting hem in the sequence I wanted.

Gerry, note that this is not a complete restoration so you'll need to ad lib a bit. There's only one fire extinguisher bottle I see in the first pic on the port firewall and none at all on the starboard. These are actually made of copper!

Great pics Andy.
From what I remember, there's also a Graviner plumbed-in fire extinguisher on the engine side of each fire wall, outboard of each engine. These are the ones controlled by the four red buttons on the starboard side of the instrument panel. Got a pic somewhere if you need one Gerry.

Users who are viewing this thread