1/32 Spitfire Mk.VIII ‘Bobby’ Gibbs - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking good Wayne. I have one of these and I'll be using this thread as a reference when I get around to building it.

Cheers Guys!

Ok in to the final stages of this cockpit stuff...last major thing is the seat belts...

also dry fitted the IP to the main frame, actually fitted the side sections as well today to see how it all looks.... you have to wait a bit longer!

Terry should I be attaching an oxygen hose on the stbd side from the tank behind the seat

Attachments

• 109_Stbd_1371.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 110_Port_1373.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 111_dry fit cockpit_1377.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 96
Looking great Wayne, and yes, an oxygen nose, in that 'crimped' style, to a clip on the starboard wall. It was a dark green material, early ones being canvas covered, later types like the current rubber oxygen hoses. X.O. ZYK and anything else I think of!! (stupid bl**dy waste of space concept!)

Looking great

Ive seen more of shape 1 but I guess it depends on the refrences?

True. I've seen them lying across the edge of the seat, and connected to the oxygen mask, draped over the control column. In theory, they should be replaced in the clips, to prevent damage - wouldn't want it to leak !

Thanks Guys, seeing as though its an either/or call I will go with the first, Why? because that shape will be easier to wrap a thinner gaude wire to create that rippled sheath effect.
That pic of yours shows 2 differnt colours too?

Almost looks like a hard piped piece at the back. Can't comment much on the colour Wayne, sorry. I've always made mine the dark green/brown colour for the entire length.

If it looks OK to you, it's probably fantastic.

Cheers mate....

painted now.

Also when I got the extra seatbelts supposedly for the Mk.VIII.....I did some checking and well they don't quite look right to me especially when complared to the kit etch and the Mk.IX belts...

Should I in fact be using the style of the Mk.IX?

Attachments

• 114_Oxygen Hose Painted_1420.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 32669.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 32680.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread