1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Wurger and Carlos.:oops: Got the first coat of Future on, will do another tomorrow. We are headed for the home stretch on this build.

Thank you Vic and Wayne.:oops: Tonight I'll put the second coat of Future on and I have to make a decal. And please tell me if these directions seem wrong or not. All I have is clear decal paper so . What I am attempting to do is the mission board. In the kit it is white with black bombs which is incorrect. I will use the clear decal paper. First I will lightly scuff the paper surface and apply a thin coat of flat white paint. Let it cure for a day. In the meantime I will scan the incorrect board and reverse the shades. Once done with this if it works I will apply a light coat of clear to keep the water from killing the decal. I hope this works for I have not ever done this before. If anyone sees anything wrong with this plan PLEASE speak up, I'm all ears.:)

Well, I now have some sanding to do. Got done with the second coat of Future and put it aside. Got done doing some other stuff needed doing and took a look at it to admire my work. Somehow I managed to spatter Future all over it. Looks like poop. More work.

We'll know in a little while.:lol:
Well, Future sands easy but looks like crap once you mop the water up. Have to touch up a couple of breakthroughs in the OD green and lay another coat of Future tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Good luck Aaron. Not suggesting you try it but it's good to know that Future can be removed using Windex. I successfully did this with a big run a while ago.

When I sanded the Future and dried the water off of the surface it looked pretty rough. I debated for a day and decided to recoat it anyway. Here's what it looks like now. And Andy, I would still like to know the procedure for the Windex when you get time sir, thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4981 A-20 Havoc reduced 20.jpg
    IMG_4981 A-20 Havoc reduced 20.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4982 A-20 Havoc.jpg
    IMG_4982 A-20 Havoc.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 97
I replied to your PM Aaron. Mind you, the coat doesn't look to bad. I agree with Terry that a shot of Dullcoat or equivalent should make it look much more even.

Thank you Andy. When I sanded it I thought that I had screwed up. When dry it looked like road rash. I took a chance and recoated it and it came out fare. I'm going to test it with some 3,000 grit tri-zac paper and see how that does, but I'll do that on a test sheet at work.:)

Syd, I have been heavily involved in getting my El Camino painted and put back together and just have not had the time or the energy to get the models finished.

El Camino? As in the car? If so, what year, what model, and what engine? Also....sorry for the massive distance between the quote and where my reply is.

On a more related note, AWESOME A-20G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back