1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Trey, I did at first to but it took longer to cut the tape to width than it did to do the rest for the stripes. I have been working on panel lines since I got the strips done. I'm going crazy.:lol:

I'm trying to pull one of Waynes extra bit of detail tricks by running along the panel lines with a HB pencil lead. It gives them a little better definition but I'm finding that in the green they don't show up regardless so we're just working the white and grey fields.:)

Aaron, the panel lines in the green will probably show up once a matt clear coat is applied. This is sometimes why panel lines turn out a touch too heavy, as the modeller thinks they can't be seen, repeats the pencil work then, when clear coated - oh dear!
A little trick to check, lick your finger tip and dampen the area where the pencilled lines are. This gives the effect of the clear coat, and is a rough indication of how well they will show up.

Thank you for the heads up Terry. I will go over the rest of the green that has not been done. I haven't retraced any yet I don't think but this is rough on the eyes as mine don't like the magnifying glass. after about 20 or 30 minutes I have a WONDERFUL headache, I know, I know, with a head like this it ought to hurt.:lol:

OK, here is a little of the progress so far. I've been working on the fuselage a lot, an eraser is your friend. These lines are a lot fainter and are harder to do. Tips are most welcome.:oops:

Attachments

• IMG_4831 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4831 resized 20.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4830 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4830 resized 20.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 121
Thank you Glenn, I'm not done yet. Still working between the fuselage and the engine nacelles. I'm finding when I filled and sanded the seams I lost a lot of detail so it's been a bit of a learn from mistakes type deal. I'm not going to worry to much about it at this point. I'll finish it and do the best I can and do better next time. I have been working on it most of the evening and have gotten a bit crosseyed.:)

I worked on it most of Sunday but during the week I don't get much done. this weekend should be quiet so maybe I can finish out the panels and get the Future applied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back