1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, after much frustration I got the white part of the invasion stripes done. I know your suppose to do the dark color first but as dry as I am shooting this with cool reducer it is NOT going to bleed. I now have to trim a millimeter of width off of my stripe tape to get the black stripes done.

IMG_2762 A-20 resized 20.jpg
IMG_2763 A-20 resized 20.jpg

After way to many tries and failures I think I got the wings correctly striped. At least I hope so. I have some corrections to make on the fuselage.

Attachments

• IMG_4809 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4809 resized 20.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 118
Nice work Aaron, and it's Ok if the lines are maybe a bit wavy after masking - the real things were done 'by eye', with brushes, mops, whatever available, and rarely pristine !

Very nice Aaron. Got one in the stash and trying to find an oddball scheme for it. Like Terry said..they didn't have much time to apply them so they weren't always purty.

Geo

Thank you Terry and Geo, I am going to try and find the decal set for Miss Laid. That was the planes original name and they renamed it for a ceremony for 100 missions without missing a one due to failures of any type. When they did this you could still see the original markings under the paint and new name so I'd like to try and represent it correctly if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back