1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Detail is not raised Harrison. If it were I would not be afraid of painting with a brush but they are etched and I'm just not that good with a brush.:lol: Andy, I'm hoping I can find a kit but if not I had put some thought into a self made kit. Time consuming but. And thank you. And you to David.:)

I use parafilm quit a bit for canopies. It's slightly translucent and you can see the lines of the canopy frames underneath it. You can just use a new blade and trace your lines and it comes out pretty good.

I have been thinking about that Jayl. Something like a light transfer tape so there is not as much residue. Might be able to find something Monday when our supply shop opens up. :thumbright:

Thank you Wayne. I have been busy at work and not been able to put any time in on it. I will get the antenna and other small objects installed and mask her up for the first coats this week. The mission board is wrong on the decal sheet, it is black with white bombs and should be white with black bombs. So what I am going to try to do is copy it on the copier and run it through PS and reverse the shades and print out a new one ( I HOPE).

Rescribing panel lines and while doing so was doing some more research and found that this aircraft was renamed just before a ceremony honoring the fact that it had gone a consecutive 100 missions without a abort or mechanical failure. It's original name was MISS LAID. Oh, and the top surfaces are turning green.:)

Last edited:
MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVIIIIINNNNNGGGGGG along.:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2710 A-20 Havoc resized 20.jpg
    IMG_2710 A-20 Havoc resized 20.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2711 A-20 Havoc resized 20.jpg
    IMG_2711 A-20 Havoc resized 20.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 126
Thank you Terry, and yes it is, makes you want to keep going but I have to let this cure out until tomorrow so I can flip it over and finish the green on the sides of the fuselage and engine nacelles. I also have to touch up some line scribes and some sanding issues.:oops:

Thank you guys.:oops: I found some material at work the other day used for sealing a car up while outside. Broken glass and what not. It is a adhesive plastic, clear but extremely sticky. I will have to destick it before I try to use it to mask the canopy but I think I can make it work. At least I hope I can.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back