1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you Wayne.:oops: I'm in the process of masking the canopy, turret, and upper fuselage window. This is the first time I have ever put this much time into a model. I'm starting to think I have lost my freak'in mind.:lol:

:lol: Yeah. I got the wrap around part of the cockpit masked. I'd show a shot of it but until I shoot the paint on it you guys would be kinda hard pressed to see it. I'm three inches from it I can barely see it.

Ok, this went faster than expected. Let me know what you think. Oh, the turret is another story. I will probably have to paint it by hand.:banghead: I don't look forward to that.:mad:

Attachments

• IMG_2714 adjusted resized 20.jpg
    IMG_2714 adjusted resized 20.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 142
Looks bl**dy good to me Aaron ! And yes, do the turret with a brush, slowly and carefully, but first - check your references, as if it's a Martin style turret, most of the 'frames' were not metal, but overlaid Perspex joints, so no painting required !

Thank you Wayne.:oops: We had some material at the shop called Bluewrap Protective Plastic made by Norton. It comes in a 100 yard role and is about 30" wide. It is made to cover broken windshields and other glass areas in cars and truck. I cut out a notebook size piece and brought it home to test it and it worked great. Leaves no residue as long as you don't leave it for extended periods of time. It will conform to a degree but I can't get it to do the turret, but if Terry is correct I won't have to. :) Thank you guys for all the complements.

That canopy turned out really good. Nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back