1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you David. I am still painting small parts and detailing them as I get time. The exhaust nacels are going to be tedious. Here is a shot of what I have so far. Getting ready to install the left nacelle.

Attachments

• IMG_2439 A20 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_2439 A20 resized 20.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Don 't need a mask kit Aaron. Get some Tamiya masking tape, and cover the required areas. Then, using a fine (propelling ) pencil, use the tip of this, sanded to a chisel edge, to mark the frame areas. This can be easily done by using the chisel point against any raised detail.
Then, with a sharp blade, carefully remove the frame area tape, then paint, easy- peasy - but takes time to prepare !

Terry, the frame isn't raised. It is ever so slightly etched edges. We have a set of pinstriping brushes at the shop, I might sneak one out and see how well I can do on a nondescript piece of plastic and go from there. I have tried some extremely thin masking tape but the lines are just to small to see through it.

Ah, I forgot they are etched! Should have know, as the parts are the same mouldings as the Italeri Boston kit.

I am in the process of doing some fill work on some of the wing and engine nacelle joints. I am use to doing "mud" work with a 5" squeegie and I sometimes have a hard time keeping this on the neat side which makes for more work later.:)

As I get time,(I know, I'm slower than Jan):lol: I have been working on filling and sanding open seems. MAN!!! Some of these are in really hard to reach and sand spots.(patience...............) Here are some, I would say progress but it's to slow, shots.

Attachments

• IMG_2530 A-20 Tail.jpg
    IMG_2530 A-20 Tail.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2531 A-20 rear nacelle.jpg
    IMG_2531 A-20 rear nacelle.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2527 A-20 nose.jpg
    IMG_2527 A-20 nose.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2525 A-20 wing root.jpg
    IMG_2525 A-20 wing root.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2528 A-20 fuselage and wings.jpg
    IMG_2528 A-20 fuselage and wings.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2532 A-20 engine nacelle.jpg
    IMG_2532 A-20 engine nacelle.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 135
I will keep after it Terry.:lol: If I don't I know it'll look like crap. Harrison, now that you mention it, I do have three different grits of those little sticks. Thanks for reminding me.:thumbright: Yeah, I know Oz, I get a little impatient because I'm use to doing this on a one to one scale. This is a little tedious.:lol: Glenn, I do and I use them where I can but the are not as easy to control as far as surface quality and they tend to dig a little more if your not careful. Thanks for the coaching and pep talk guys, I am eating lunch at the moment and as soon as I am finished I intend on sanding some more and filling some more. :)

Thank you Wurger, Harrison, I will post some shots tomorrow after I have sanded the filler I applied today. I think the engine nacelles are ok, but I will prime the joints to make sure.

Thank you Glenn and Andy.:oops: I had to work on my transportation this afternoon so hopefully tomorrow I can get some work done on the 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back