1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think the extreme tips were the original yellow, with a second stripe added at a later date, possibly white, but also possibly yellow, looking 'fresher'. Problem is, she was re-painted apparently when France (or more likely Paris)was liberated, so this might have been to 'tart her up' for the Press and newsreels.

Not sure Aaron, the first picture looks convincingly yellow and the 2nd could be red but I'm not sure.

I'm not either Harrison but I think maybe Terry is on to something.:)

Nice work so far AARON (not Glenn!)

Thank you Andy.:oops: And that's ok, trust me I have been called a LOT worse.:lol: You may have to apologize to Glenn though.:lol:

I think the extreme tips were the original yellow, with a second stripe added at a later date, possibly white, but also possibly yellow, looking 'fresher'. Problem is, she was re-painted apparently when France (or more likely Paris)was liberated, so this might have been to 'tart her up' for the Press and newsreels.

That thought had crossed my mind also. I think maybe for sake of argument we'll just do'em in yellow and call it good. I still have a lot of work to do before I get there but it had me puzzled and I figured I would throw it out to get some ideas. Thank you Terry.:oops: Oh and I haven't heard or seen Eric on the forum for a while but have left him a message so hopefully this computer thingy will get sorted out. I do hope no one else has been hit with it.:thumbright:

Aaron the engines look great ,the plug wires being black they would'nt stand out much anyway so you're good leaving them off .

Glad to see your eye is better and and your back on the build nice work keep it coming.

Thank you guys.:oops: I've not been able to put any time in on it this week. Spent the night at work last night, had a long day today and hopefully will get closer to painting my El Camino this weekend. I might get some time Sunday.

We be waiting mate....:D
I know Wayne, I'm not moving fast enough, am I?:lol:
Looking good Aaron!

Thanks Darryl.:oops:

I will get some photos posted tomorrow. I have the wing sections together and they fit extremely well except where I damaged them cutting them from the sprues.:banghead: With a little fill work and sanding I can have them looking good as new.(I hope)

Last edited:
Ok, I know it aint much but I have the wings, stabilizers, and fin together. They fit decent. One of the wings is rotated sandwich wise just a touch. With a bit of filing and sanding I think I can hide it. We'll see.

IMG_1337 A-20G model resized 20.jpg

IMG_1338 A-20G resized 20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back