1/48 A-20G Havoc

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you folks. I have been bustin my hump at work this week and have been a little lame at the model work. Hopefully get some stuff done this weekend.:)

Well I have done some fill work on the wings and put the flat black on the props this afternoon so I am slowly progressing. Once I get the wing assemblies finished I will prime the lot and fix whatever shows up.:)

Syd, I have been heavily involved in getting my El Camino painted and put back together and just have not had the time or the energy to get the models finished. I have two, the A-20 and the P-51 and I really need to finish them and get started on another to keep the fun going but having to get this car done is taking it's toll. I do apologize and I WILL get back to it. I have done a little sanding but that's not much I know.:oops:

Better to get that car done now than the middle of the summer at least for me.The models can wait till it gets real steamy outside.

Thanks guys, it is suppose to rain this weekend so I may get some time to work on them hopefully. Syd, to me the the El Camino is a car. Folks around here get upset with me when I call it that but it's built from a Malibu station wagon. I think I'm the only one who thinks this way though so I may be a little :crazy:.:lol: Is Ute short for Utility? And Lucky, if I could afford a Mopar I would sure buy one but they are out of my price range.:( I do need to take some shots of the GTX. We got the interior, trunk, and engine bay shot last week.:)

Ok guys, I have made myself work on the A-20 and at the moment am fitting the wing roots, sand and checking so I don't have to do much if any fill work. And I am enjoying it. If I get far enough as in wings mounted I will post some shots tonight. I feel really bad about not having done anything to this or the 51 after you all have helped so much. I apologize for this and am doing my best to get the show on the road.:oops:

Ok David, it's been almost 47 minutes and here it is! :big6:

Attachments

• IMG_1961 A-20 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_1961 A-20 resized 20.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_1958 A-20 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_1958 A-20 resized 20.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1957 A-20 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_1957 A-20 resized 20.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 125
Looking good Aaron. If it's possible, remove the turret guns until after the model is painted, to prevent damage. If not possible, wrap them in kitchen foil and plug the turret with damp tissue, to protect the guns and mask the turret interior.

Thank you for the tip Terry, I will have to do the latter for the turret was a assembly and when put together holds the gun assembly in place. It will be a little difficult but with a little patience and care I think I can get it. I need to find mask kit for the cockpit and overhead window just aft of the turret also. I thought about freehand but the word catastrophe came to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back