1/48 A6M2 type 21 Zero Hasegawa (little chain manufacturing) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

Having nothing planned for GB#50, I decided to build something that I have not yet in my display case: a Zero (or 2 Zeros) ! :p
Model kits are Hasegawa 09528 "Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21 'All Green'" and 09800 "Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21 'The Battle of the South Pacific'"
09528.jpg
09800.jpg

This is the same kit, only the decals are differents but it's no important for my projects.
Kit details here: Hasegawa Zero Type 21
Like my chain manufacturing of 3 P-47s, this time it will be a little chain manufacturing of 2 Zeros from the same unit: the Tainan Kokutai :)
The projects are an A6M2b T.21 flown by Saburo Sakai and an A6M2b T.21 flown by Toshio Ota. As you probably know, these 2 pilots often flew together, during numerous missions, with an another well known IJNAF Ace: Hiroyoshi Nishizawa. They were called the "clean-up trio" during New Guinea and Guadalcanal campaign in 1942.
As I wrote above, these kits are my first Zeros and it will be very probable that I'll need some informations during this thread :)

Ready ! :)

Steph, note description of GB 50 (Bold letters)

"The theme of this Group Build is to resume and finish any aircraft model that was started and abandoned, whether in a previous GB or not. The model must be an aircraft but can be any type representing any time frame. For the benefit of those "few" who are genetically predisposed to finish what they started, and who therefore have no started-but-unfinished kits, this GB will be open to include any aircraft model that has not been started."

"The theme of this Group Build is to resume and finish any aircraft model that was started and abandoned, whether in a previous GB or not. The model must be an aircraft but can be any type representing any time frame. For the benefit of those "few" who are genetically predisposed to finish what they started, and who therefore have no started-but-unfinished kits, this GB will be open to include any aircraft model that has not been started."
I think he is not entering the GB. This is a solo build i think.

Oops, I didn't read the explanation to the end :rolleyes::facepalm: I thought the GB#50 was only for models already started... :rolleyes:
No problem to include this thread in GB#50
:)

As a matter of interest, what markings do you have in mind for Ota's aircraft?
Thanks

Hello,
The 2 projects are:
- V-128 or V-172 for Sakai. Regarding V-128: this Shotaicho's fighter of N°3 Shotai could also have been flown by Nishizawa Hiroyoshi and sometimes by Ota Toshio but the color of the tail strip, (so the Shotai) can't apparently be certified definitevely for the moment... :rolleyes:. Regarding V-172, different sources are, for the most of them, agree with the color of the tail and fuselage strip... :rolleyes:
- V-130 for Ota: I decided for him to build an aircraft that he flew without any Shotaicho tail stripe ... He sometimes flew as Shotaicho N°1 Shotai with another aircraft ...
Here is the beginning...
DSCN5645.JPG
Above in cream are the parts of the CMK resin kit and below painted in Mitsubishi cockpit green are Hasagawa kit parts with some details added
:)

Edit: small historical precision regarding V-128 and V-172

Last edited:
Thanks Steph. Ditto to Rochie's comment - looking forward to seeing more of these builds.

Hello,
I'm about to paint the resin cockpit but I have doubts about the front part (circled in red) with the cartridge case outlets.
Does this part is overall Mitsubishi interior green or blue Aotake ?
DSCN5645 (2).JPG
TIA :)

Hello,

I thought that the wiring was yellow/brown in A6M cockpits, but I didn't succeed to find any informations about wires colors... Or instead, the information found shows most of the cockpit color threads. Does this mean that the cockpit was painted after the wiring was done? :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back