1/48 A6M2 type 21 Zero Hasegawa (little chain manufacturing) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello,

Oops... :rolleyes: :oops:
Not having precise informations when I started my models, I assumed that these 2 aircrafts were manufactured by Mitsubishi. Bad luck, I just read in the book received this morning that they were manufactured by Nakajima. So I have to change the wheel wells and small inner wheel well doors color... The other problem is the cockpit color; the Nakajima manufactured Zeros had the interior green a little more dark green than the Mitsubishi. However, I think the weathering applicated in my cockpits are a little too dark; so I hope that is closer to the Nakajima cockpit green... :mask: :rolleyes:

I keep working (and learning...) :)

Hello,
Weathering almost done.
DSCN5791.JPGDSCN5792.JPGDSCN5793.JPG
It seems that the Zeros were relatively well maintained and had kept a fairly shiny or satin appearance. If this is really the case, do I have to apply a coat of gloss or satin varnish before finishing my weathering (exhausts, walking zones, gun fires, etc) ? Or should I varnish matt ?
:)

Last edited:
Hello,

Here are some historical explanations and the definitive photos of one of the Ota's mount.
This A6M2b Model 21 is a fighter manufactured by Nakajima and initially delivered to the 4th Kok. as F-130. She became V-130 from April 1942 in the Tainan Kok. and was flown several times by Ota Toshio. This aircraft ditched at Milne bay with another pilot (Kakimoto Enji) on 27 August 1942.
Ota Toshio also flew some other aircrafts included two as Shotaicho. He was one of the regular wingman of Sasai Jun'ichi from July 1942.
DSCN5824.JPGDSCN5825.JPGDSCN5823.JPGDSCN5822.JPGDSCN5820.JPGDSCN5802.JPG
:)

That is Nice Steph, the colours look real nice too man.

Zeros did have a Glossy finish but did weather some over time so depending on the period in theatre the finish probably dulled to a satin, then towards a Matt finish if not maintained. It has been stated on different occasions that the later matt Chalky appearance on some relics returned to a "glossy" state when rubbed down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back