1/48 Airfix Curtiss P-40B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
I thought I might as well post this also even though it is started. I am doing it as a P-40B at
Pearl Harbor on December7, 1941. I have built a few 1/48 Monogram kits but this one seems
much more detailed. I am using no extras or after market decals. It will be an OOB build. John
P40 4.JPG
P40 6.JPG
P40 7.JPG
P40 8.JPG

Thank you, I used Solvaset a few times to get it to sink into all the"nooks and crannies" for a
poor choice of words. I will bring this build up to where I am now with the wings on. There are
little or very few fit problems, not a Tamiya kit but really good for the price. I filled and sanded
the fuselage, made my own color for the canvas wheel well liners and added the wings. I used
Tamiya thin glue quite a bit. I wished I had had this in the mid 60s! John
P40 10.JPG
P40 11.JPG
P40 12.JPG
P40B wheel well canvas liner -2.jpg
P40 13.JPG

Thanks, here is the old 1/48 Monogram build in the basic scheme I am now doing. This plane
represents an aircraft from the 24th Pursuit Group at Clark Field, Philippines in December of
1941. Just before the Pearl Harbor attack. John
P40 4.jpg
P40 2.jpg

I just glued the wing tops on last night and sanded them today. There is a phantom line on the
right leading edge. It's not a gap but where I filled with thin glue. I feel no gap with my finger nail. John
P40 15.JPG

Thank you, I have the stabs, tail and nacelles for the landing gear on. I just need a bit of putty for a slight gap on
the nacelle to wing join then add the fuselage machine guns and paint the bottom neutral gray. John
P40 16.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back