1/48 Airfix Curtiss P-40B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vandee

Senior Airman
Aug 21, 2019
I thought I might as well post this also even though it is started. I am doing it as a P-40B at
Pearl Harbor on December7, 1941. I have built a few 1/48 Monogram kits but this one seems
much more detailed. I am using no extras or after market decals. It will be an OOB build. John

Thank you, I used Solvaset a few times to get it to sink into all the"nooks and crannies" for a
poor choice of words. I will bring this build up to where I am now with the wings on. There are
little or very few fit problems, not a Tamiya kit but really good for the price. I filled and sanded
the fuselage, made my own color for the canvas wheel well liners and added the wings. I used
Tamiya thin glue quite a bit. I wished I had had this in the mid 60s! John

Thanks, here is the old 1/48 Monogram build in the basic scheme I am now doing. This plane
represents an aircraft from the 24th Pursuit Group at Clark Field, Philippines in December of
1941. Just before the Pearl Harbor attack. John

I just glued the wing tops on last night and sanded them today. There is a phantom line on the
right leading edge. It's not a gap but where I filled with thin glue. I feel no gap with my finger nail. John

Thank you, I have the stabs, tail and nacelles for the landing gear on. I just need a bit of putty for a slight gap on
the nacelle to wing join then add the fuselage machine guns and paint the bottom neutral gray. John

Users who are viewing this thread