<> 1/48 Arado Ar196A - WW1 / WW2 over Water. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. No more done as priority 1 is fixing my patio.

George, I can send you a tube if you like as I can get the stuff in town here.

Great fix there Andy. Agree with you about the summer being too short, even here in Chicago. I haven't touched my two GB entries in over a month and there is no way they'll be done.

OK, time to blow the cobwebs off this one again and see if we can get her to the finish line. Since the last post, I've smoothed out the strut fairings, added home made seat belts and addressed a big step in the cowl.

First off, here's what the strut fairing looks like now, having been filed and primed a few times. One more dash of primer will complete this area.

17091901.jpg

The Revi has been installed and the usual treatment applied: chuck out the kit reflector glass and replace with acetate.

17091906.jpg

The pilot's seat consisted of lap belts only, no doubt in hopes that landings would be on smooth water only!!!!! The belts were scratch built using Tamiya tape and lead wire squashed flat for buckles.

17091907.jpg

The Bordfunker's bench was treated the same way but the attachment points made use of a couple of left over Eduard PE bits. The back rest is Tamiya tape.

17091908.jpg
17091909.jpg

The previously hollowed-out exhaust pipes are now in place and a large step between the front and mid section of the cowl has been filled with light activated putty and smoothed out. This is the first application, with at least one more needed to eliminate pockets before rescribing this area.

17091905.jpg

With the cockpit details now complete, the canopy was set into place and the fit was pretty good for a change. Next comes masking.....yay.

17091902.jpg

And with that, I will clean the hair off the bottom of my lens and move on to the next stages. Thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back