<> 1/48 Arado Ar196A - WW1 / WW2 over Water.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is the piece the wires go into a bit of rod?

4.jpg

The circular harnesses around the gear box are solder Robert.

Oh sorry. I was working from my phone and didn't see your circle at first. Yes those are the new spark plugs cut from 0.8mm rod.

Thanks guys. While all that is going on, I've continued to fill the canyons around the float struts and will post pictures of that when I'm done. That issue has changed my construction sequence somewhat in that I had hoped to complete the floats/struts as a complete, separate assembly before gluing to the plane but that won't happen now.

After a number of session of filling and sanding, I've completed the mounting points of the float struts to the fuselage to a more-or-less acceptable point and then glued on the floats, which offer up yet another round of filling/filing/sanding/priming:

17072701.jpg

Jockeying this strut into position opened up the seam on the float again:

17072702.jpg
17072703.jpg

This is turning into a long term project and won't be done before I leave for the UK next week to meet up with Red 1 and 2. Thanks for your continued interest and patience.

great job, a big tutorial of this model....

Thanks guys. Initial filling of the gaps has been done with stretched sprue. This was filed down and now we're into filling with primer and sanding. Boring stuff really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back