1/48 B-26C - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ah, b*ll*cks !
Why not wait until you get the airbrush, then rub it down to get rid of the paint, and try spraying it ?
Send me some pics and I'll see what I think can be done.

Ah, b*ll*cks !
Why not wait until you get the airbrush, then rub it down to get rid of the paint, and try spraying it ?
Send me some pics and I'll see what I think can be done.
Will do mate.

Not going to trash it or anything like that, just bit annoyed !

Just looks crap, nothing terminal but it will be a while before i get to it, will either do as you suggest or go for a OD paint scheme in the future

Agree with Terry. Though many disagree, I have safely removed paint from 4 models with nail polish remover. Do a small area at a time, starting with the bottom to test the strength. I've used 2 different brands with no adverse affects. If you're in doubt, remove some paint and flood the area with water. Takes quite a long time to completely remove all the paint and it's best to wear a respirator. Whatever method you choose, best of luck.

Geo

Too bad Karl. Sounds like an airbrush candidate to me as well.

Though Geo may have had success with nail polish remover, I have found that Cutex, if left too long, will soften the plastic so I'm not one to try that option. Some have had success with brake fluid, though I've not tried that either.

There is a couple of paint removers offered by Revell, Gunze or Wamod for instance.
Revell sells the Aqua Color Clean for acrylic paints. Also , the Gunze offres the Mr.Paint Remover and the Wamod "Zmywacz Farb Akrylowych"

Revell ACC.jpg

Gunze MPR_1.jpg
Gunze MPR.jpg

Wamod ZDFA_1.jpg
Wamod ZDFA.jpg

Thanks guys.

Will probably be ok with a rub down with fine sandpaper, then a coat of primer, just dont have the time at the minute so will get the 110 done and keep this on the back burner for a while and if i cant do a decent mettalic finish i'll switch to OD / grey !

Sounds like a good plan. Have a look at that range of metallics from AK Interactive (Geo posted a review showing them in use some time back).
They look very good indeed, and can be sprayed over a 'normal' primer, so don't need any special preparation. I reckon a rub down, then a smooth primer coat, and with the AK paints you should get a good finish.
I'm going to try them on my next NMF model, and Model Hobbies stock them all.

Sorry to hear about the paint mishap! I usually use 90% iso alcohol as my thinner for acrylic paints and that is a safe way to clean paint off parts as well.

Probably best to set it aside for a wile and concentrate on the 110. I find it I try to finish a build I've become annoyed with chances are I end up just mucking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back