1/48 Bf109G-6 "Yellow 1" Manfred Dieterle

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey man don't sweat it, no apology necessary, we're all here to help where and when we can...

Cheers George, got another one on the go for Mike, but gonna finish it soon as i'm on holidays.....1 week and counting...

Cheers mate.

Well today I bit the bullet, went out and bought a few more pastels and set to work on the welle pattern. Pictured below is the preparation of the pastel mix, using black, white, and an olive green. An old brush was sacrificed and the hairs cut back t0 about 2mm in length for the application.

As I've never done this before, I started with a section under the tailplane which could easily be hidden in case I messed up. As confidence grew, I finished the rest of the vertical stab. A piece of tape cut to the size of the swastika served as a guide for the pattern application.

At this juncture, I sprayed on some Future to see if the pastel application would not be affected and, having proved that there was no issue, I proceeded with the remainder of the fuselage.

I'm quite happy with how this is turning out so it looks like Gerhard Stamp's 109 will need to wait for another time as I finish this one as intended. Thanks for looking in everyone.

Cheers fellas. Did the port wing last night and may do more tonight. It's a bit of a tedious process but it beats messing it up with an airbrush.

Finished the pattern and applied some Future to seal it. A bit of touch up with some RLM 76 in places will be warranted and some of the wave application came out a bit dark . We'll see what happens.....

Users who are viewing this thread