1/48 Curtiss R3C-2 - From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Basic cockpit, scratchbuild except for some spare PE belts.
Didn't waste much effort on this one, the stuff will be all but invisible because of the tiny opening. I thought about cutting the doors open, but I didn't want to mess up the clean lines. Only found one instance of the doors opened in an old news reel, when Jimmy was getting in. Otherwise they have been closed.

R3C4.jpg

R3C5.jpg

Yep, I couldn't help myself though, I had to add the radiator lines from the wings. Can't be seen even with a flashlight when it is buttoned up, but...

Can't see much, will be even less when the top wing and windscreen are in place. The floats had some nasty seams, they will get some thin walkways and small "bits" on the noses. The Radiators are in the top wing, made of thin plates too small to replicate by adding strips, I will borrow a trick I found on the web and use a rough grit to scratch the surface as straight as possible before painting it brass with black wash. I will cross my toes while doing this.

r3c6.jpg

r3c7.jpg

r3c8.jpg

The Radiators are in the top wing, made of thin plates too small to replicate by adding strips, I will borrow a trick I found on the web and use a rough grit to scratch the surface as straight as possible before painting it brass with black wash. I will cross my toes while doing this.

I'll cross my fingers for you mate but not the toes, else I'll fall over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back