1/48 Cyber Hobby BF-110D, G9+HM, 4./NJG.1, Ofw.Paul Gildner - Me/ Fw Group Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here ya go mate- Bf 110C-1 front and rear cockpits (from K.A Merrick's 'German Aircraft Interiors 1935-45 Vol.1)

STA52140.JPG
STA52141.JPG

Those first two pics are the ones I was looking for . In my copy, the lighting/print is clearer, and the side walls of the rear cockpit appear to be RLM02.

Those first two pics are the ones I was looking for . In my copy, the lighting/print is clearer, and the side walls of the rear cockpit appear to be RLM02.

I'm not sure about that...what about the canopy framing and some of the equipment way back in the rear cockpit? They seem way lighter (RLM02?) then the other basic components of the cockpit. Could the rest be RLM66 after all?

I guess it's still somewhat undicided, but looking at some other pics from that same book (tracked down a PDF-file...I know... my bad ;) ) for example from the 109E with the typical greyblue dash and the rest RLM02 shows a similar stark contrast between those colors as can be seen to a lesser degree on the couple of 110 pic's. Ofcourse this could be shades and shadows and less light reaching the lower areas of the cockpit, but still.

Let's assume for a second the very light color is indeed RLM02 and the much darker color RLM66 or some other shade of grey. It would seem the cockpit is a bit of a mashup of different colors with the major color (sidewalls, floor) being grey with various smaller and bigger area's and pieces of equipment being in RLM02. The seat for example would be grey, whereas the seats mount would appear to be RLM02

Last edited:
Let's assume for a second the very light color is indeed RLM02 and the much darker color RLM66 or some other shade of grey. It would seem the cockpit is a bit of a mashup of different colors with the major color (sidewalls, floor) being grey with various smaller and bigger area's and pieces of equipment being in RLM02. The seat for example would be grey, whereas the seats mount would appear to be RLM02

Food for thought.

That it is, especially as I suspect 02 tones varied depending on mixing and methods of painting. (much like the US Zinc Chromate colour could vary even within the same aircraft)...

Indeed food for thought. However since so little is known of the actual plane I want to do I can also pick what works best for the model as a whole (within the normal parameters..being RLM02 and/or RLM66) With the overall night black finish I'm kind of leaning towards RLM02 as basic interior color as it's a bit lighter and I suspect the details in the cockpit might be visible a bit better with RLM02 rather dan turning it into a deep and dark void of RLM66.

With my MiG-3 just about done (just need to build up a few replacement clearpart wingtip lights and landinglight with Krystal Klear) It's time to slowly start work on this puppy.

Sofar I've cut most of the parts for the interior from their sprues and cleaned these up. Boy that sure is a lot of parts...more parts for the interior alone then a typical 1/72 single engine fighter :) Unfortunately no pic's right away as the battery of my camera has to be recharged, but I'll try to put a few up tomorrow. Not too much to see yet though, just a little box I use to keep all these parts together with a buch of small bits and pieces in it. Getting the interior done and working towards closing up the fuselage halfs will be the primary focus of the coming days/weeks. I did glue together a few small sub-assemblies for the interior and sofar the instructions that comes with this kit are slightly confusing sometimes (although I've read the early release of the 1/32 Dragon kit is even more confusing)

I'm still in doubt as to wether I'll use the engines that come with the kit as I want the a/c to be placed in a state where it is ready to go on the mission described above earlier on. So it makes no sense to have the enige exposed if you're due to ake off. On the other hand, the engines are well detailed so it would be a pity if I didn't expose them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back