1/48 Dragon Ju 88R-2 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That looks great Steph! I'm sure you're nervous about free-spraying over that nicely masked splinter camo!

Awesome! Looks like your white balance is off on your camera. Some can be adjusted that would help to keep the colors correct.
The white balance looks ok on my calibrated monitor. The paper is white with a touch of warmth (yellow cast) due to the incandescent light source. Everyone's monitor is different so it's really hard to track who's on and who's off.

I bought a cheap test target at a photo store that helps calibrate both white balance and hue (warmth). You need a tripod for it to work but it really helps. I was amazed at the difference. White still showed correctly before and after but other colors changed dramatically!

I recalibrate every shoot inside.

Hello,

Decals like some stencils and national insignias are done before the RLM76.
DSCN3456.JPG
DSCN3457.JPG

And finally good news for me :D After lots of researches :confused: , the meanders in RLM76 over RLM70/71 are very rare and specific for some units like KG54 or KG26. It seems that the only nightfighter unit with this kind of camo was NJG102.
So, the end of my camo will be realised in "nebulous" RLM76, like this one on a C-6.
ju88c6halfcam2web.jpg

Cheers :)

That looks great Steph =D>! You seam to be on the right track regarding the camo for this bird. I really like you went all the way, placing the RLM 70/71 under it. Makes the end result far more interesting imho.

I'm learning a lot from you guys regarding Luftwaffe camo. The techniques you use to get these results are very inspirational!

Hello,

Thank you all for your nice comments :rolleyes:

Here is the result after RLM76 painting
DSCN3459.JPG
DSCN3460.JPG

To be honnest, I like the result :D
Next step: gloss cote to put the last decals...
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back