1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon Delta - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic Balshaw

Major General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
Username: Vic Balshaw
First name: Vic
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Italeri Kit No 862
Aftermarket: None
Decals: TwoBobs Accurate Colourful Sheet 48-180.

Thought I would dip my ore into this un-official Delta BG with the EF-2000 Typhoon. It's a kit I have been meaning to make for some time and if I recollect correctly, did say that I would join in with this GB. Basically, it is going to be an OOB build with just extra decal pulled in

I only pulled it out of the stash yesterday, but I was soon snipping and gluing and totally forgot about pics.

The box art which makes it look very tiny in comparison to other aircraft of this modern day.

20130224-1a.jpg

The main parts of the aircraft.

20130224-1b.jpg

After a day of cleaning and assembly, the cockpit is all sorted and were closed up.

20130224-1c.jpg

20130224-1d.jpg

20130224-1e.jpg

The main wing assembly which after some masking, the internal parts, intake, wheel bays and such will be given a white spray.

20130224-1f.jpg

What she will look like when the two parts are joined.

20130224-1g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not only is a great aircraft in performance but it is technologically one of the most advanced in the world as arms control with the vision, vision of 360 º and other more sophisticated weapons that included the United States have made ​​arrangements to have them, according to some journals in Europe and America.

italery model have not seen it, nor have I followed so as tendo an example.

Thanks Karl and Sergio. This is another oldish kit folks, purchased by me in about 2003 and I believe it was the second kit of its kind released soon after details of the EF-200 became available.

Moving onward with the delta, I masked up and as you can see I do not have a lot of confidence on the direction of my airbrush flow. Anyway, a nice light cream undercoat is applied to all the internal wheel bays, air intakes and air break compartment as well as all the undercart parts. Tomorrow, time permitting I'll get the white coat on.

20130225-1a.jpg

20130225-1b.jpg

Great start Vic, and brilliant choice of Cream for the undercarriage wells. Many people do them in White, but RNZAF C-130 wheels and wells have a definite creamish tinge to them. P-3 wells and bomb bay, etc were 'almost' White, but they also had a slight off tinge.

Many thanks Evan. I'll still be doing a light overspray of white though as it is a real creamy colour that is not apparent in the pics.

Moving onwards folks, put the delta wings, foreplanes and nose on today. Had to add upward of 20g to the nose to keep her on an even keel. Also did the exhausts today and am very pleased with the overall fit. A few adjustments were required around the air intake, nothing that a dab or two of Zap-a-Gap wouldn't fix. Soon be time for the big spray.

20130227-1a.jpg

20130227-1b.jpg

20130227-1c.jpg

In time mate, in time………………………Also to be honest I purchased this and a single seater ready for my squadron theme when the time came to convert from the Tornado. But as we now know, this was not to be.

Just noticed this Vic, good stuff mate.
I was actually surprised at how big this bird is in real life. I was at the roll out of the original EFA development aircraft, at Warton, back in 1986 IIRC, but being around 25 yards away, didn't really notice the size. Only seen a real Typhoon II close up at Duxford, and although relatively small compared to some 'modern' fighters, it's surprising how tall it is, and impressively large.

Many thanks Terry and Cory and I agree Cory, this is one nice looking aircraft.

I worked a bit on the DASS pods today, the kit has very basic pods but when you look at the real thing there are small antenna house in radoms and forward facing cooling vents not to mention the navigation lights.

20130301-1a.jpg

20130301-1b.jpg

20130301-1c.jpg

20130301-1d.jpg

Once painted up the bumps and cooling vents will blend in with the rest of the pod, just leaving the navigation lights and the port lenses clear.

Just noticed this thread Vic. Good to have you with us. Man, you're flying through this one! Looks like you do the masking like me. Can't stand cleaning up over-spray.

Thanks for dropping by folks and for the kind words.

It's been a long week in coming but after a spray or two and many coats of a form of Future, she is almost ready for some decals. Just need to give the radome, foreplane leading edges and the fin tip a dab of protective floor polish and we will be ready for them decals.

20130311-1a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back