1/48 He 51B-2 Float Plane - Seaplanes / Floatplanes of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I still have not been able to get to finishing the plane, but I will get back to it.

I got this from Charles today......
ccheese said:
Bill: Admitted to Sentara Leigh Hospital, in Norfolk, today. Fluid build-up in my chest. They are going to tap it and draw off a pint, tomorrow. Expect to be here til Friday.

Charles

I wished him well.

It's about Charles again.

Hi Bill:
I'm back in Sentara Leigh Hospital. Fluid build-up, in my chest, at a rate my doc don't like. Tomorrow they are going to put a tube in my chest to drain the fluid constantly. BTW, last week they drew off 450 ml, but didn't get it all.

Let the lads know for me.

Charles

Done ship mate.......

I had a PM from Charles that I kinda kept to myself.......... didn't know the outcome at the time.... but all is well, we all hope.
Below is our conversation, must scared the beejeebers outta Charles tho, so here is the update from the Chief.

Hi Bill:

I was moved to ICU last night after "an episode" My BP dropped to 70 over 42. I heard them say my heart rate dropped to 30, before passed out. When I woke up this morning my hands were tied to the bed. I'm told I was a real bastard, that I pulled out my NG tube, a couple of IV's, and the breathing tube that went down my throat. This is why they had to tie my hands.

I'm doing much better tonight.

Charles

THAT is Not what I was wishing for. And here I thought you were a mellow fellow........ Now the truth comes out.... and I am so glad to hear you are doing better Chief. Any idea how long you may be in this time?

Bill

Hi:

They think the combination of meds they were giving me kinda set me off.

I'm waiting on the radiologist right now. He's supposed to replace the 1/2 inch line in my chest with a smaller tube. After that I'll get out of ICU. They think I'll go home on Thurs.

Hope you're keeping the lads informed.

Charles

Am glad to hear That, as is all the folks at WWII............
You sure got Me sitting on the edge of my seat.... get better mate...

Bill

Just a bit ago an update.....

Hi:

I'm out of ICU (it's 0005 Thurs.) and I'm waiting for the RN to give me s shot of morphine. They pulled the 1/2 inch tube outta my chest and replaced it with a smaller line. I'll go home with it. I got a morphine shot at 2015, only 4 mg. Four mg does nothing for the pain, but it does put to sleep.

Still having problems with the Heinkle ??

Thanks for keeping the Lads informed. I got a lotta friends up here.

Smiles,

Charles[/QUOTE]

I've done some on my 747 repair for a bloke in NZ, and have decided to abandon my ideas for the wires and go back to the original approach. Nothing ventured, nothing gained eh?
Glad to hear you are on the way home. Are you getting 100 proof outta them hoses? Have they installed a still in there? A bit of Meyers and coke would be a good pain killer as well matey.
Take care. Will let the fellas know.
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back